“Not cool”
Review of Flaveur Breads

Flaveur Breads
Ranked #55 of 123 Restaurants in Mount Maunganui
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I visit this bakery every week for the wonderful mount gold sourdough, which is superb. At $7 it’s pricey for a small loaf but I feel it’s worth every bit. I would have loved to give this a 5 star but on my last visit I was sold a burnt loaf and did not realise until I got home, and simply could not be bothered going back to complain. This is not cool guys, it was so burnt the crust could not be eaten. I will come back but will be checking before I walk out the door again. Oh and by the way, normally you choose your own bread, but this was the only time a girl behind the counter chose one for me. Grrrrr.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Yes... the bread is fantastic but it's not the only thing they do.
If you have never been here, it's worth the visit, a little way out of the town center.
There's parking and the service is outstanding, these people love what they do and it shows.

1  Thank hallama007
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I really like the friendly staff, the hot filled pastry for lunch is soo nice, the brownie is delish! Soo many different types of bread to choose from and organic too!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

It is always a pleasure first thing in the morning or anytime during the day to pop to flaveur breads and get my morning coffee, or lunchtime or the afternoon. The name doesn't do it justice as they also have amazing sandwiches cakes muesli salads etc. Which are very tasty. Their Christmas mince pies are the best I have ever tasted.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Flaveur is mostly a takeaway place selling breads, pastries, and barista coffee. They had a small cabinet of baked items so you would probably need to be in quick if you didn't want to miss out. The appetising selection included almond croissants, savoury muffins, spinach and feta strudels, and tuna and salad filled rolls. My savoury muffin was a little dry but very flavoursome. My dining companion (a coffee-lover) said the coffee was good; though I personally found mine tasted a little bitter. I will definitely be back to sample more of their lovely breads and pastries on another occasion.