All reviews hot pools bedroom apartment great location discounted price stay there again marine parade spa pool secure parking walking distance to everything main beach easy walk nice balcony small gym top floor heated towel rail harbour side central location
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Our initial room was unacceptable for what we paid. In fact, it was unacceptable no matter what the cost. At the very least we expected a clean room. Our floor hadn't been vacuumed, the bedding had holes through it, the pillows had stains and it was just generally filthy.

Management offered to move us to another room, which we were grateful for until we quickly realised the second room was even worse. There was sand all through my bed, making it fairly obvious the SHEETS HADN'T EVEN BEEN CHANGED. The explanation we received from management was that 'the rooms are privately owned' which was a very easy way to shift the blame and take no responsibility. The manager offered a free night in a 'better' room at a later date and said they don't usually put people in our rooms 'for obvious reasons' which made it very clear they knew full well how disgusting they were but put us in there anyway at $290!

After explaining how disgusted I was with the fact my sheets hadn't been changed I was told that our room hadn't been used for over a month! I'm not one to complain but this place is utterly disgusting and I will never stay here again. I will make a point of warning everyone to stay away. No offer of even a partial refund, just a general lack of concern and ownership overall. This was my first night away from my baby in 1.5 years and I was so looking forward to a night away with friends. There is no way we will be taking up the offer of staying here again, I would rather sleep in my car than risk sleeping in a bed that some random stranger slept in over a month ago. If you stay here (and i strongly recommend your car as a better option) and end up with a sandy bed a month from now, they probably still haven't changed the sheets from when we were there.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Sleep in your car, or on the street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jayne5462
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The reception staff were very friendly showing us two room. We decided on the room with full views of the ocean at an extra cost. Everywhere in Mount Maunganui is expensive if you want anything decent even in winter. We checked in and after some maintenance on the toilet seat it was sitting back and enjoying the sunset. There is a very good free wi fi in this complex. The only downside was the fact that there is no cable TV. Worth a visit for couples or family and there are cafe's and restaurants close

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The apartment we had was nice. It had all the necessary amenities to make our stay comfortable. I would recommend it. The apartment had a kitchenette and a washing machine. The views were not so great from our apartment. We had an allotted car park.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the only 3 bedroom apartment with great sea views. Apartment has 2 queen beds and 2 single beds. (2 bathrooms)1 room has ensuite and there is a separate bathroom for everyone else. Apartment can be made into a 2 bedroom place by locking one of the bedrooms which makes it cheaper to get for night. Apartment is modern, clean and tidy. Very central to shops and beach area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I absolutely loved my stay! I stayed kin a two bedroom/one bath unit with my college age son in May. The unit was immaculately clean, updated, and had every amenity you could want as a traveler. The beds were comfortable and warm, the shower had plenty of hot water, and the kitchen was well supplied for cooking. The views were the best part. There is even a nice balcony to enjoy.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you so much James for going above and beyond and helping us with suggestions of where to go. I cannot say enough positive about this place.
As my phone app is not letting me scroll back...i might add here that the location is great. We were hiking/running the mountain each morning, and able to check the surf from our windows.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family