All reviews pork belly lake macquarie private balcony lake view bed was comfortable food was fantastic creamy garlic prawns chicken supreme mower
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I have travelled around the country and across the world. This is the poorest accomodation I can remember. Ever!

Its on top of a pub. Lucky I was not there on a weekend night!

The hallways have a feeling of "unclean".

The rooms have a feeling of "unclean".

The wall on the other side of the shower has patches implying there was a leak. At least they could have painted the patches!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Joe_Zephyr
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here based on the pictures on the web site and because we couldn’t find anything else nearby. The pictures mislead us. Big mistake.

Nobody with any type of mobility problem should book here due to the large flight of stairs at the entrance. No lift. The room we had was sketchy and the door could easily be forced open. If there is a problem after hours there was no way of contacting management. Room fitout was extremely basic, very old and in some cases worn out. It’s scarcely possible to have a smaller TV with worse resolution. Cheap fitout without cheap prices - welcome to Australia.

The housekeeper leaves the “clean” linen on the floor outside your room, when the room changes over. Why? So if you like to sleep vicariously on the floor, this could be the place for you.

I’d never go back although I would consider booking it for a very annoying relative if I knew anybody I didn’t like that much. It’s hard to imagine though.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dharugtraveller
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I must admit when i pulled up outside this pink pub I thought maybe it was going to be a long night of noise and cheap pub food. So Not!!!!
We were met by friendly staff at the bar counter who showed us to our room upstairs. We walked ito a lovely clean room with a view, tea and coffee and cereal for breakfast with real milk in the fridge. We went to the restaurant for dinner but unfortunately they were booked out. Seeing our disappointment they were able to put table together for us. We ordered the pork belly. OMG!! We both couldn't believe how delicious this dish was with a light crispy crackling. I have never had pork belly as awesome as this.
The bed was comfortable. It was a bit noisy downstairs because we were above the outdoor area but it didnt keep me awake. The bar closed at midnight anyway. I didnt know there was a live band playing either! If you are going to lake macquarie I cant recommend it any higher and only $130 b&b ndctheres a nice cafe opposite for a big breakfast and great coffee.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
PippisPoint, Manager at Pippi's at the Point, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are so glad you enjoyed your overall experience. I will be passing on your feedback to all the staff especially the kitchen. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to go to Pippi's at the point for lunch on Monday 30th April. My friend had the Creamy Garlic Prawns with chilli and I had the Salt and Pepper Squid Salad. It was delicious, we both enjoyed our meals immensely. Staff were very friendly. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
PippisPoint, Manager at Pippi's at the Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Thanks Julie,

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you and all your friends in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My wife and daughter normally go shopping every Wednesday or Thursday. On this particular Thursday I went along because it was our last week of looking after our Grandson for 2 days a week for the last 5 years, as big school beckons. My daughter picked Pippi's as our place for lunch. Excellent setting overlooking Lake Macquarie and the biggest range of burgers that I have ever seen. As we didn't have much time we all settled for a variety of burgers. If you think you will put you mouth around some of the burgers they make, you will be wrong. The food was fantastic, prepared beauthiflly, and presented very well. A simple burger, but WHAT a burger.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
PippisPoint, Manager at Pippi's at the Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.
We hope to see you all again soon.