Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Edward D

Tired and poorly staffed.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Dec 2022
We stayed for three nights in what was the most disgusting cabin I have ever been in.
Filthy, aircon didn’t work, staff where unfriendly. Pool is as rancid. Taps all leaked. And bare electrics in the kids room. Thankfully no one died.
We clearly complained and where told that the unit was refurbished now. Which I know to be a lie. And I am totally unhappy with the way our complaint was handled.
On top of this the resort is tired and dirty.
I felt disgusting after going in the rancid pool. Don’t stay here unless you are happy with mediocrity or below.
Date of stay: November 2022
  • Priceline
0.2 km from Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
    AU$89
  • Priceline
1.9 km from Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Restaurant
Outdoor heated spa area with 6 individual outlets.
  • Official Site
  • ibis Styles
    AU$120
2.9 km from Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Free parking
Pool with water slide, hot spa and baby pool
    AU$170
3.2 km from Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
    AU$148
  • eDreams
4.9 km from Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
View more hotels in Bateau Bay
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2022

We stayed in a beach view cabin for a family holiday. We were disappointed from the start after we couldn’t check in on time due to the cleaners running late. We were kindly offered a bottle of wine for the inconvenience. The cabin was very dated. The door key was bent so was a big struggle to always lock the door. The floor was still very wet from the cleaner so my partner had to use a towel to dry it so our toddler wouldn’t slip over. The bathroom was very dated with dirty grout. The spa was tiny and could only fit one adult. All the doors were scratched and damaged with the door to the main bedroom off its track and unable to close. The bed was extremely uncomfortable- you could feel the springs in your back all night. The entry doors to the cabin were all faulty. For the price we paid per night we were expecting a lot better than what we got. …. The pool was good however very cold. The location was good. Unfortunately we probably won’t return.

Date of stay: September 2022
1  Thank Reviewer398
Reviewed 29 July 2022

Poppy has a tiny number and is the best cook for you all in a row and the Army is a real pleasure in a way to get the most amazing results from your first year in a week and a few weeks back from your career in a new.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2022

the stay was great the complex is clean ,tidy and organised all the facilities are exciting and well maintained just the weather wasn't all that good the complex is close to national park and we wanted to explore that more but was limited because of the weather

Date of stay: July 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 May 2022

Position of park was fabulous. However, ocean view cabin was shabby and needed a good paint. The photos look great, but not so in reality. Couldn't turn off fan in bedroom, so had to flick the master switch which left us with no lighting whatsoever. Lights blown outside making stairs dangerous. Also charged $330 a night- well over priced for its condition.

Room tip: View the cabin before making a decision.
Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 18 April 2022 via mobile

On our arrival Sunday 10 April someone was parked in our designated cabin car space which is beyond the control of staff, but not a good start. Furthermore the state of the family cabin was below a standard a reasonable person would expect so far as hygiene and cleanliness especially in COVID times. The cabin had very wet floors and smelt very strongly of bleach. However it was covered in sand throughout which being so close to the beach you can explain away. After arriving and unpacking the children and all our gear. We dried and swept the floors which improved the situation slightly. Not something you expect to have to do first thing when arriving on holiday. The beds were beautifully made and had clean sheets but the side tables were covered in dirt/dust/sand and there was a clump of pubic hairs in the bedside draws, which my 1.5 year old took out and handed to me.
Dishes/pots/ cutlery is/were dirty. Blinds are mouldy (I have asthma and sinus issues). The bathroom roof was black with mould.
We had an jumping ant infestation as well that my husband and I promptly dealt with before someone was bitten.

There was no mobile reception so you need to rely on wifi which is great if you don’t want to communicate with the outside world but as I was required to work it made this aspect a non-option.

This was our first holiday in a long time due to COVID. We are so disappointed and the kids were so upset to have to leave earlier than planned. On leaving and doing the final room checks we found someone else’s dirty pyjamas under the bed with a heap of dust and pubic hair. When I presented at reception to check out early, there was no concern as to why and when I insisted to explain why we were leaving early, I was met with a token apology.

On reading previous reviews reception had asked to communicate with them prior to leaving a review which I had and this was responded to with another token apology, advice that I should have let them know so they could do something about it. I’m sorry but I would have expected “something” to be done prior to our arrival not after a complaint… the email went on to offer a discount at my next booking (no thanks, there will not be one).

The pool is great, play area is great, beach proximity is amazing. Activities for kids and big people is fantastic. Had all the makings of a great holiday but sadly the disgusting state of the cabin ruined it.

Date of stay: April 2022