“Great location for tour groups”
Review of Ali's Restaurant

Ali's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Migdal
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I was taken here as part of our large tour group, so I admit I would not have selected this place based upon the look of it. But it accommodated our group of 500 pretty well. The location is nice, right on the Sea of Galilee and a short walk to the beach. Lots of outdoor seating and fresh breezes. The side dishes are plated family style on the tables. The hummus and baba ganoush were outstanding! All the sides were great actually. Unfortunately, each table was given a bag of pita bread, not warmed or cooked, probably due to our size. Then the plates of fish were brought out. I loved the fish, but most at my table were disappointed since they did not know how to eat a whole fish. They didn't like having to look at the head and eyes. The service was hectic, mostly due to our size I imagine. The cost was already covered, so we did not experience the tip requests mentioned by others.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We came here with a group, which is seemingly what type of guests the restaurant lives of: tourists that are brought here by bus and have no option of going anywhere else but are hungry on a day of touring.

The salad bar was alright, but nothing special. My husband and I shared a fish, as 20€/ 80 Shekel were simply more than what we were willing to spend per person for a light snack for lunch, however if you want to sit with your group, you must order food. I only had the salad for 10€/ 40 Shekel.

The fish was nothing special, the half potato apparently not as good (hard to manage to cook a potato wrong!), fortunately we had salt on the table.
The dates we were served as desert were quite tasty, especially as we only know dried dates back home.

The service was unfriendly. The waiters were asking for tip offensively more than once, which (unfortunately for them) is what always prevents me from giving one. Especially because everything was extremely hectic.

What was nice was the shore of the sea within walking distance, so we were able to dangle our feet in the water for a bit during our lunch break!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

High prices, not a clean place, disrespectful service, bad meat and disgusting fish... more then this they insist for tips they don’t deserve!
This restaurant doesn’t even stand the high quality of food that Israel offer! Go to Magdalena’s restaurant is much much better!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018

If you visit this area you have to try the St. Peter fish (supposedly the only fish indigenous to the Sea of Galilee). Now, while the fish itself is nothing to get excited about - it is dry and bony and not very tasty - the novelty is special, the salad served at the restaurant is good and fresh, and the service was quite good. As with most of the local restaurants we visited, it is unlikely that you will go away hungry and you should definitely feel free to ask for more pita bread and salad at any time.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Our tour group stopped by here for lunch. Customers have only 2 choices, the salad bar for 40 shekels, and a main dish with salad bar for 80 shekels. One cannot have just the main dish. It goes with the salad bar which wasn't much. There were three vegetables to choose from. The main dish are fish and chicken kebab. The tilapia, a.k.a. Saint Peter Fish was cooked well and it was delicious. However, $22 is too steep a price for a piece with half a lemon and half of a boiled potato. My husband did not enjoy his meal as he was appalled by the price. I was hungry, so I ate my tilapia without complaint. I don't know if there are more reasonably priced restaurants in the area, but if one is traveling independently it wouldn't hurt to research a bit. Ali Restaurant is a one time experience for me. Should I go back to Israel, I wouldn't eat there again.

Date of visit: February 2018