Shangri-La at the Fort Manila
F1 Hotel Manila(Taguig City)
USD 132*
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hyatt Manila(Taguig City)
USD 217*
USD 101*
USD 150*
USD 75*
Hotels.com
All reviewshigh street cafekerry sportsadventure zoneraging bullhorizon clubbasketball courtlaksaedsa shangtwo floorsin room diningsquash courtamazing hotellobby loungesoft openingworld classfitness centerunder construction
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Samba Peruvian Restaurant is superb with the foods, service and unexpectedly surprised my Mom who celebrated her 90th birthday on April 17, 2018, with a crunchy mouth watering chocolate cake full of strawberries. DF&B even greeted my Mom. Kudos to Nicole and Shai who whole heartedly give out their best and had a fun selfie shot with us. Staffs are all friendly in this cool and instagramable place. Enjoyed our sweet short lunch in Samba. Indeed unforgettable!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
GM-SLFM, General Manager at Shangri-La at the Fort Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Marbs L,
Thank you very much for your heartwarming review. We appreciate the feedback you have given. Allow me to share this with Nicole, Shai and the team, they will be truly inspired when they hear about your comments. It was a pleasure being of service to you and your family during this momentous occasion. Please greet your mom a very happy birthday from all of us here at Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After staying at the Makati Shangri-La twice, we decided to give the new property in BGC a try.

It is a beautiful, clean, modern hotel. The room was spacious and well-appointed. It has the most spectacular 2-story gym (Kerry Sports complex, attached to the hotel via skybridge), and there are two lovely swimming pools, one directly next to the hotel and the other across the skybridge as part of the gym complex - this was handy as the day progressed and the first pool became shaded, we moved to the other one still in the sun. As with other Shangri-La's, the breakfast buffet is huge. Service was good, though somewhat impersonal, being such a large hotel. I had a bit of difficulty cashing travelers checks at the desk, whereas it was no problem seven months earlier at the Makati location; not sure if it's a difference between the two properties or if they're just finally phasing out altogether (I hadn't used travelers checks in years, but was pleasantly surprised to find them useful in Manila.)

There are lots of good restaurants within walking distance, and Bonifacio High Street is a very nice open-air shopping mall to explore. The whole area, like the hotel, feels very new and clean, a world apart from the rest of Manila.

I still like Makati and the Shangri-La there, but it's definitely showing its age compared to BGC. Not sure which one we'll choose for our next visit!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Seattle98101,
Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please know that we value each of our guests comments. I have discussed your feedback on the service with the team for their further improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Stayed here while passing through Manila on business and was very impressed with this new, clean, and high quality hotel. I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite on arrival and it was super-impressive. Very spacious and well fitted out with nice luxury touches.
My dining experiences here were also excellent. The buffet breakfast in the High Street Cafe offered possibly the most extensive range of breakfast choices I have seen. Dinner in the Raging Bull Chophouse & Bar was also outstanding with great service and well prepared food.
Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful, and I will certainly choose to stay here again in the future.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Adel-Traveller,
Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your commendation of High Street Cafe, Raging Bull Chophouse & Bar, and most especially our colleagues. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit.
Best regards, John Rice - General Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We have stayed in most of the big hotels in Manila and this is one of the nicest. Upon arrival we were escorted straight to our room for shockingly fast mobile check in. As the check in receptionist was leaving the room our luggage arrived, so this was also executed efficiently. For dinner, there are loads of options either in the hotel or nearby and the gym is enormous - and possibly the biggest hotel gym I have ever encountered. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear AmericanCurmudgeon,
Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted we were able to give a great guest experience during your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The Shangri-La is always an exceptional stay - every single time -and I hope to have many more. I LOVE the Club Lounge happy hour every night - a great way to relax, enjoy excellent wines (or cocktails, etc.) and some very tasty eats - all complimentary. I used one of the meeting rooms and it was wonderful. Again - just great service. Booking a club room at this hotel is absolutely worth the investment.

HOWEVER

It's time that they start heating the pool. I've stayed here about 6 times over the past 1.5 years and the pool is just cold. It's the coldest pool in Asia. I don't understand why it's not heated (they have two pools - both are cold). A solar system or other would work wonders. It's the only glaring "mistake" in an otherwise amazing, grand space.

HEAT THE POOL. It was too cold to use during my latest stay and it's summer in Philippines.

Room Tip: Absolutely book a Club Room - worth every penny.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear whiteburgundy,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments. Please know that we appreciate the time and effort you took in writing a review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We shall discuss with the team your suggestion of a pool heater. We look forward to welcoming you back.