“One of our favorite restaurants in Manila”
Review of Mamou

Mamou
Ranked #35 of 637 Restaurants in Taguig City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Tucked into a cove at Bonafacio High Street, we have passed this store several times before at a whim stopping in. Turned out to be a great choice! And a couple time Mamau, the owner, was there mingling with her patrons!

We have returned religiously every visit to Manila.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

• Ordered the following dishes:
1. Angus Ribeye USDA Prime Grade Steak - delicious, juicy, cooked as requested.
2. Lorenzo's Truffle cream pasta - simple plating and looks very unassuming but tastes really good and satisfying.
3. RB foie gras open face sandwich - it was okay but I suggest a medium well or well done for the prime rib which would probably suit the sandwich a better. The foie gras was a bit overcooked for my taste.

• Ordered the following desserts:
1. Crispy milk - surprisingly delicious. The server described it as panna cotta coated with breading then deep fried. Best eaten right away as the breading loses its crispiness after a while
2. New York cheesecake - very soft and mildly sweetened.
3. Key lime pie - well balanced sweet and sour taste.
4. Tea - standard individually served tea bags.

• Great ambience, decent food serving size, a bit on the pricey side but over all great dining experience.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Service is good but the food is bad. Ordered grilled salmon and mamou steak. Salmon is unseasoned and dry inside and out. They did not provide any sauce that will compliment it and the serving is too small for the price.
The steak is worse. We requested it to be medium well, however, it was just a little bit over Rare. The side part is medium well but the center is raw. Bad aftertaste of the meat as well. So we had it cooked again. We waited for a good 35-40 mins for our order and it's just very disappointing for our first dine here. Quite surprised cause I heard a lot good stuff about it but it's just bad.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My husband and I had dinner here since we were craving for steak. I had the Wawa's Prime Rib, while my husband had the lamb chops. Both were so good! and the quantity was big so my husband and I were able to share! the dishes came with 2 sides-- the mashed potato is a must-try! it's so creamy and so good--gravy is not necessary.

True to its label of "A Home Kitchen", everyone in the restaurant was nice and warm to us. It seemed like everyone was always alert to check if the guests needed something. We were happy that our main server was knowledgeable on wine pairings for the dishes we ordered. Their wine is pretty good, too! Looking around the restaurant while driving, most tables had a wine glass or two. So I guess their wine selection is pretty good.

The staff seem comfortable asking guests about their food, and seemed genuine too. As opposed to other restaurants wherein servers seemed to ask only because mandatory.

We were surprised when we were asked if we were celebrating something special (we were, our sixth month anniversary as husband and wife), and we were pleasantly surprised that they have us a complimentary cupcake with a "happy anniversary" card on top!

My husband and I were very happy with the service (and the food, of course!) that we really plan on going back. Service here is something I have not seen in other restaurants. Our every need is addressed even though the place was pretty packed for a rainy Monday night. Looking forward to trying other stuff on their extensive menu.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I'm a steak boy, and Mamou is my choice. Ok, one of my top choices.
I was surprised to find out upon reading an article on them (conveniently framed on their wall) that they never intended to be a steakhouse.
Lucky for me that they evolved into just that.
Their steak matched with bottarga pasta is like lunch on your birthday. And that's literal for me.
Call ahead, its tight getting a table. But it's sooooo worth it.