“Norwood Great food Chef with personality ”
Review of Nonna and I

Nonna and I
Ranked #15 of 97 Restaurants in Norwood
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great food, Chef Kahlil comes to greet you with big smiles and explained his food, very welcoming. Had Pasta with prawns and scallops, very nice. Beef cheeks and veal was apparently also nice. New staff member started and was polite, she's a keeper, other young lady also pleasant. Thanks Chef and team for a great meal and your personal service. We will be back.
PS to the key board Heroes out there, don't sweat the small stuff. He clearly cares.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I dropped in without a booking for a quick meal and were looked after very well. While the service was great, it was the food that was a standout. The eggplant rollatini and pollo rossano were so well cooked with sauces bursting with flavor! The meal came with freshly baked bread which was brilliant - the only slight room for improvement was the bruschetta mixture, whilst tasty, was very cold. All in all, an excellent meal!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018

The restaurant is small and cosy. The food was amazing the best Italian Food I have had in a very long time. The veal just melted in your mouth. I will be returning to try some other dishes. The staff were friendly and so helpful - let me taste the wine. The owner came out during the evening and talked to everyone to see how they enjoyed their meal and the night - a lovely touch.

Date of visit: February 2018
3  Thank Carrie07
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We told the wait staff that we only had one hour and we’d like to order straight away, maybe they didn’t hear as she walked away with no offer to get us drinks or food???? Just stated she’d be back but then just stood around out the back. We did get a cold bottle of wine after asking then when requesting another, it was put in the wine holder not opened or glasses filled, turns out it was hot. We asked for a cold one but they didn’t have any. We then had to order a different wine that was nothing like we wanted. The food was good but not fantastic seems like it’s all pre cooked as it was out very quickly.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank lindabY1454LD
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Nonna and I sells itself as italian but it’s not the traditional,tasty using well know dishes.
We had a reservation but the table was under a freezing aircon,the restaurant is small and not many people but the waitress was a bit unsure if we could move tables or she could turn down the aircon.
They serve a variety of dishes adaptable to paleo and gluten free-what is great!
We ordered a slow cooked beef cheeks-very well done but the most expensive thing we found was the sparkling water(9.00!).

Date of visit: January 2018