“Delicious food speedy service”
Review of European Cafe

European Cafe
Ranked #19 of 93 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Reliably honest robust Italian flavours served with efficiency and friendly service. We are never disappointed with the food at our local Italian restaurant. A good variety of dishes , all with well balanced flavours and great value for money.
If your visit is to eat a good Italian home style food served without any fuss in a bustling fun environment you can expect the EUROPEAN to deliver.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a table for Friday night as the Parade is busy on these nights. When we presented at the booked time the cafe was busy. A member of the waiting staff looked at the bookings, clearly couldn't see our booking and said that he would be back shortly. This member of staff then proceeded to wait on other tables so we were left wondering what was going on? Another staff member then approached as and said that he would 'have to shift some tables around' in order to accomodate us??? We actually had a booking! After waiting another five minutes (with no action or communication) we left.....I can't tell you how underwhelmed we were. I know that the food at this cafe is great BUT the lack of service was appalling. I will never go back to this establishment.

5  Thank Penny W
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I do love the European. It's always hectically busy, & yet , the service is friendly & good.
The principally Italian inspired food is excellent, with lovely, full flavours. I think they do seafood dishes particularly well & the pastas are wonderful.
My most favorite risotto ever was the mouth watering beetroot risotto that I've had here. It's unbeatable.
There only one other comment I have to make about this delightful restaurant is that it's somewhat on the noisy side. The food, however, makes up for that.

1  Thank jamesgE7301VO
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Last minute decision to eat out on a Saturday we decided to try this restaurant. Fortunately we got there early with no booking as it was very busy. Staff were excellent though in accommodating our requests and having a table in another room in the restaurant. Whilst it was noisy with a extra large celebration booking the room could easily be used for a private function. The waiters were attentive, although we had to ask a couple of time for water to be bought to the table, the food was fabulous and the Entertainment book voucher made it a very reasonably priced dinner.
We will definitely return but with a booking next time

2  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

I had a job in this place like waiter when i was in Adelaide about 10 years ago for an working holiday experience.
I am italian and i really appreciated the Cavuoto's coucine.
High level of food quality and the ability of the staff make this restaurant unique.
A big hug from Italy and hope see u again guys.
Ciao