1,491 results
All reviews deep end lagoon villa plunge pool our honeymoon flight path heaven on earth male airport rose petals degrees restaurant water sports sunset cruise fish close to the airport chocolate cake out of this world personal butler special thanks
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We stayed for 7 nights at the Taj Exotica and from the moment we landed in Male we had a fantastic stay in the Maldives largely down to the staff at the Taj Exoitca. A lovely welcome to the island from the speedboat which is 15 minutes from the airport. Despite going in early May knowing the weather was unpredictable, we had superb weather for 5 out the 7 days and a brilliant stay throughout. The views are simply stunning. We stayed in a beach villa for the first few nights and it was more than we could have dreamed. A private pool outside the room with a beach and steps straight into the sea. A relaxing hammock and outside shower, it was an amazing villa. We then stayed the last few nights in the lagoon villa just to try the experience. Seeing all the lagoon villas lit up at night was an incredible sight. We loved every day and enjoyed the amenities, watersports, diving and spa facilities.

We knew that this was a luxurious trip and everything would be very expensive as you are on an island so accepted that travelling here on a budget was not the wisest idea to enjoy yourself. We did go half board and definitely recommend people doing that as the dining options are very expensive if not. We didnt fell there was a need to go full board as we had large breakfasts and dinners that filled us up each day The food was fantastic and we lobed the breakfast and dinners in the restaurant. The food quality was incredible with many options to choose from. We also recommend the teppanyaki restaurant. Our chef there was fantastic and with the credit offered by the hotel on having dinner at the other restaurants, it did not prove too expensive and definitely worth trying. We also had a private dining experience my wife booked for my birthday on the beach which was an unforgettable night. The work the staff and our butler went to in making this night so memorable was amazing and it really was one of the greatest experiences,

Some people mentioned that because the island is not too far from the airport that you hear a lot of planes. You do but they did not distract from the experience and you soon forget about them. There is also some nice ideas the hotel offer with the dvd library and movie snacks they offer in the in room dining as well as the buggy service that helps you get from one side of the island to the other.

Overall it was an incredible experience we will never forget and thoroughly recommend the hotel for couples.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hoops87
Vishal S, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Hoops87,

Thank you for your review. It is a great pleasure to have you stay with us. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay, the villa, activities and services at the resort. And our team took very good care of you and help you to make a memorable honeymoon here. I have shared your feedback with the entire team. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

We are all looking forward to your next visit to your home in Maldives, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Very pretty resort indeed! Perfect location cause it’s near to the airport so you don’t need to waste long time for transit! The lagoon is also bigger than what we expect! Although the weather is not good, it is still heavenly beautiful! All staff are friendly and eager to help! Deluxe lagoon villa is spacious and super clean! Spa here is a must try! The best I hv experienced!! The only room for improvement is that the breakfast here tasted so so..

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathyL2825
Vishal S, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Kathy L,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our team took very good care of you. I have shared your feedback with the entire team. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

Also, thank you for the constructive feedback which I have communicated with our Executive Chef who will relook at the same.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We stayed at Taj Exotica for our honeymoon and it was truly one of the best experiences we have had. The Hotel was only 15 min away from Male, beautiful hotel!!
The staff were extremely nice, special thanks to few staff who made our stay even more enjoyable; Ali for looking after us during our transfers from airport, Dilip our Butler, Mainudin our housekeeper kept our room tidy with smile, Tiyago & Fazil who served us in the restaurant during our stay. You certainly can’t go wrong with food at any Taj hotel. There were plenty of choices and if something wasn’t in the menu, they were still accommodating us. The food at the pool was also great!! We also used the spa services and we really enjoyed it. Thank you Taj Exotica Team, you are doing a great job!! We can’t wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Vishal S, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and honeymoon with us and our team took very good care of you. I have shared your feedback with the entire team. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Excellent property. The Water villas were heavenly!! The hospitality was impeccable.
One thing that be improved was the Indian food (Vegetarian). The restaurant staff was not well versed with Indian food and hence they couldnt communicate well to the kitchen.
Otherwise the overall stay was highly satisfying.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Vishal S, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear ayushg,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with our entire team at the resort. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

We have taken note of your constructive feedback and we’ll relook at the same. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve..

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever had the opportunity of visiting! I went in March 2018, wherein the weather was perfect! We stayed in a lagoon villa, which was stunning and a great size! The room was cleaned twice a day, and each time we were welcomed with incredible designs on our bed, very creative. We had half board so we were limited to one restaurant, but the food was delicious! The menu was extensive and everything tasted 5 star. Hats off to the chef! Yes, you can hear the planes from the island, as it’s only a 30 min boat ride from Male, but the island was too beautiful to care about such a thing. The service was outstanding, and felt personalised from the moment we stepped foot. It was the small details that were taken care of, that made all the difference! I would like to commend the following staff:
- Sumitra
- Ibrahim
- Adi
- Mustaq
- Dhombe
- Rusdhan
- Selma
Thank you for showing us a most hospitable stay! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear alizaehm,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our team took very good care of you, also you enjoyed the lagoon villa as well as the foods served at our restaurants.I have shared your feedback with the entire team. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.