“Wow!!!!! ”
Review of escabeche

escabeche
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wow, I’ve loved the food from all Perkins outlets for other 30 years, but sadly have never found the service levels in line with the rest of the group.
But wow I visited yesterday with my daughter and was so impressed, service now in front of the alway great food making this a place I want to visit, I had best ever dish off the specials lamb.
All seems down to a chap called Andrew new front of house and has at last taken this venue to a place that matches the rest of this Group.
Well done Andrew.

Heather F, Office Manager at escabeche, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Kcandb,

Thank you very much for your recent 5 star review. We are extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed our lamb special and enjoyed the great service at Escabeche, it is lovely to read such great comments about Andrew and we will make sure to share these with him. We hope to see you again soon for another wonderful dining experience.

All the best,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Vegan review:

My friend pre booked and informed the restaurant that one of us was vegan so they provided a vegan menu. As there were a group of us it was a set menu.

When we arrived they handed out the menus, mine was handwritten.

For £22 per head, there was so much food! It was tasty, some tomato dishes were very similar tasting but there was enough of a variety for it not to matter.

I also enjoyed a vegan soya hot chocolate which was delicious.

The staff were attentive, the service was great, the food was really good and the portions were huge.

I would recommend it and would eat here again.

Hi Vicki,

We’d like to thank you for you lovely, recent review of Escabeche. We think our party menu is great for fantastic value and quality and we are glad your party enjoyed it. We are also glad to read you enjoyed your vegan menu, we love to cater for vegans, vegetarians and people with intolerances to the best of our ability. It pleases us greatly when we read that people have enjoyed it so much. We hope to see you again soon for some more tasty delights.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food and the speed of food was lovely. However this was severely let down by the length of time it took to get drinks (food came before drinks) and then despite waiting 40 minutes for the last round of drinks that consisted of 4 drinks, only 3 arrived!! The service is a real let down to this restaurant and cannot be blamed by lack of staff as there was plenty!

Heather F, Office Manager at escabeche, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi there.

We are really sorry to read that your visit was let down by our service. We would really appreciate it if you can contact us at feedback@perkins-family.co.uk with the details of your visit, including time and date etc, so we can investigate this further.

We appreciate your help and we are sorry again that you had such a poor experience at escabeche.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We were in the area & decided to visit for lunch choosing from the menu del dia which was plenty enough for the 2 of us. Everything as usual tasted amazing. From the flatbread & dips to the dishes we chose & ate every thing on the plates. I love the squid & the beef stew but the smoked haddock dish was very yummy. I can’t wait to come back and sample some more dishes.

Hi Kikki,

We’d just like to thank you for your recent review of escabeche. We’re very pleased to see that you enjoyed some of our freshly prepared dishes. We hope to see you again soon so you can continue to sample more of our tasty delights.

All the best,

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This really is an amazing restaurant. I’ve been coming here at least once a month since it opened.. i love it that much! I come with my friends and family, and it never ceases to disappoint. The food is SO good... I’m a veggie, and the choice for me is brilliant. I can’t recommend Escabesche highly enough! Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Hi Rachel,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our food for so long and continue to do so. We pride ourselves on our vegetarian and vegan menus, and it’s very nice to hear when people thoroughly enjoy it. We shall see you again soon for another great dining experience at Escabeche.

Many thanks for your continued custom.

Kindest regards,