All reviewssteakafternoon teaattention to detailgarden roomscallopsfour poster bedmini bargroupon voucherroll top bathfollowing morningcooked to perfectionthe main housegreat foodcountry housespecial occasionevening meallovely grounds
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Greeted by manager at 4:30pm who asked if we wanted to dine with them this evening followed by 'you don't have to, it makes my life easier'. We subsequently decided to not dine with him. Accommodation is shoddy (garden room, more of a shed), £190/night incl. breakfast gives you leak stained ceilings full of spider webs in bathroom and bedroom, door frame doesn't meet the door leaving a nice gap for wildlife to crawl in, everything was dusty, one of the towels was full of make up stains, the electricity cut out around 7:30am the next morning which is a bit of an issue when in the middle of washing your hair under a shower run on electricity. Breakfast was supposed to be served from 8:30am. Unknown to us you have to ring the bell at reception to alert the owner/manager that there are guests waiting for breakfast. We weren't the only ones waiting and being told that it's our fault by not ringing the bell is the last thing you want to hear.
A rip-off. Owner must be laughing all the way to the bank for continuin to find people silly enough to feed his venture.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I had a last minute one a night stop over at Satis house.
On arrival we were personally greeted and shown to our amazing room (Minsmere) The room was superb. The bed was the comfiest we have ever slept in.....we literally just sank into it!! Furnishings etc were to a very high standard. Loved the little personal touches like the booklet to read and having everything we needed, even an iron and ironing board :) only criticism would be the shower isn’t very powerful at all but it still did the job!
We didn’t eat here but the menu looks great to try another time.
Would definitely recommend and will be returning at sometime for sure!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
CaraD343, Owner at Satis House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I have never stayed in a WORSE hotel. I was taken to one of the garden rooms which felt like a shed and I didn't feel safe with the locking system. When I walked across the pink shaggy rug I stood on a screw which went straight into my foot. Perhaps if they cared to hoover the floor this wouldn't have happened. I then went into the bathroom to shut the blind and a huge moth flew out towards my face and hit my leg. I called the reception for someone to come and remove this insect. The manager of the hotel, the only staff I saw on my stay, came with hesitation and then proceeded to say 'where is it? If I can't see it how am I supposed to get rid of it' I insisted it was in the bathroom as I had shut the door. He then saw it, caught it and removed it. He told me he had been called out for all sorts. I then went to get into the bed which felt like an old mattress with a thick duvet even though it was summer. As I pulled the duvet across me a huge black hairy spider ran across me on the bed. I am an arachnophobe so ended up having a panic attack and was quite hysterical. I calmed down and called the reception again, explaining the situation and asking if he could send someone to get rid of the spider or change my room please. He said 'well if it's run away I'm not going to be able to find it am I? It's a spider, it's not going to hurt you. How about if you see it again you put a glass over it?' I was quite shocked, I am phobic and not able to do this, hence me calling the reception again. This is not how I expect to be spoken to by the owner of a hotel who should put the customer first! He refused to change my room as 'house keeping aren't at the hotel at 9pm'. I just had to grin and bear it. In the morning I went to take a shower and the water was freezing cold. I called reception 3 times and no one answered at 7:45am! I then had to walk across to the main hotel and no one was there. I went back to the room and found the fuse switch which was off, no one had explained that this would be the case. I didn't have time to wait for the water to heat up so I had a freezing cold shower. There were multiple spiders on the ceiling and one corner of the shower, more like house spiders which you expect in old country homes but not in a hotel which is supposed to be cleaned daily! I waited a long time for breakfast to be served and when it finally arrived it was cold. The whole place needs to be cleaned and a full re-vamp. I was meant to stay in the hotel for two nights and left after the first. The owner was incredibly rude and should not be running a hotel establishment if he doesn't care for his customers wellbeing. A faulty towers experience minus the laughs.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
6  Thank sarahA5067DK
Reviewed 10 August 2018

As my now Husband has already explained, We visited the hotel as a result of a xmas present back in February and had the most amazing time. We found all the staff very friendly and welcoming. During our stay my husband proposed to me and we both agreed it was the place we would like to get married. we visited the hotel again in July to taste the wedding breakfast and instantly felt at home. Cara and Ben liaised with myself and Bryan on how we would like our wedding to be and I must say they did not disappoint. everyone of our guests has said how lovely the hotel and food is and how friendly all the staff are. Lily you were amazing with the young children as were all the staff making their time at the hotel as enjoyable as ours. My husband and I cant wait to visit again and we have already planned to spend each wedding anniversary at satis house.

Room Tip: all rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

See you again soon. Thank you for your amazing feedback,

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful weekend at Becky and Bryan’s wedding.
Fabulous venue - our room was lovely with very comfortable beds.
Very clean and had everything we needed.
Cara and Ben did a great job hosting the event and adding personal touches, as well the best food. The staff were lovely especially Lily who did a fab job of looking after everyone.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends