“Home from home”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Master bedroom
Second bedroom
Master bedroom
View from master bedroom window
Just as the sun goes down in the garden
Views to York Minster
Winter views from the lounge window
York Minster
Burnley Hall Gardens, Pocklington
Beverley Minster
Howden Minster
A summer evening at the cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Matthew_r...
“Home from home”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Stayed for 3 days with my mum and young daughter at the begining of March as a birthday trip for mum who wanted to see York and the moors. Lovely rural location and in easy reach of the town and fabulous countryside nearby. Comfu beds and all you could need in the rest of the house. My daughter loved the birds next door. John and Lorraine were realy helpful too. I'd love to bring my partner next time to experience Yorkshire from the comfort of a great house that truly feels like a home.
The transaction worked realy well too despite me living in Sweden.
Thanks for everything.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
12 Mar 2014
Thank you for your kind comments Matthew, they are really appreciated. We would love for you to return again in the future.
Ann E
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Peaceful location yet very convenient for York”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

The cottage is in a very peaceful location with no passing traffic as it's down a track. It has a large garden which was visited by partridges when we were there, much to our delight. We found the place to be very warm and cosy, even without using the wood-burner. Both bedrooms were used by our party and we all found the beds to be very comfortable. Although we didn't use the kitchen much, as we mostly ate out, it seemed to be well equipped for most peoples' needs. The pub in the village serves excellent food. The Park and Ride service to York is approx. 6 miles away and it's the best way to get into the city.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and quiet
Liked least: Shower temperature difficult to regulate
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Mar 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the cottage. your comments are really apreciated.

kind regards
Eddie-Hay...
“A change of pace”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst working locally, I normally just book myself in to a chain hotel but this popped up, and after looking at the pictures I thought it worth a punt .

I was not disappointed, the master bedroom has a very comfy and plush brass bed with views over fields. I didn't require the use of the other bed room but found it to be well appointed, I must say after reading the last review, I did have a look at the radiator in there (hope you don't mind John and Lorraine), i can't imagine how it "fell off".

The rest of the cottage is well thought out apart from, I was left feeling around for the light switch in the hall and kitchen as they are not adjacent to the doors, I did get used to this though.

I'm sorry to say I did not spend much time there at all due to being at work all day, I mainly used the kitchen and sat in front of the fire at night doing e-mails.

The owners were very kind in leaving some treats for me to enjoy on my arrival and were very helpful in accommodating me at short notice.

I would like to visit again with my partner and really live the good life in the country, maybe in the summer though.

Quiet and secluded with a touch of luxury, perfect after a long day on site.

1 Mar 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our cottage, and the kind comments you made are very much apreciated.
we hope you will stay again if you are in the area!

tmi201
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Location location location”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A wonderful stay over the Christmas period in a lovely cottage, the location is perfect for anyone wanting piece, quiet and tranquility. The cottage was surprisingly well equipped, with the exception of a very small freezer, which whilst slightly troublesome, was a small price to pay for an otherwise perfect stay. The welcome pack was very thoughtful and kind of John and Lorraine. We have booked again for this Christmas and are looking forward to it greatly.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Jan 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we really apreciate it. I will see if we can help out and get you a bigger freezer for next Christmas. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Mattsmith...
Southport, United Kingdom
“Clean and cosy, lovely quiet location”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Booked for three nights in November, cottage was easy to find thanks to the directions emailed from the owner. We were pleasantly surprised at the cottage, it was clean and well equipped, lovely and warm and the bed very cosy. Would definitely stay again if visiting York.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
15 Jan 2014
Thank you for you kindness. We apreciate your time and comments. We hope to see you again if you are planning on visiting York again.
John and Lorraine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing