“Ate like a king but dealt by his paupers.”
Review of The Castle Inn - CLOSED

The Castle Inn
Price range: USD 20 - USD 29
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2016

Went for a carvery meal one Sunday.
Firstly, I had phoned to ask for reservation & thel ladis telephone man er needs improvement.
Anyhow, on arrival, there was 3 ladies serving behind the bar,whom obviously seemed quite disinterested working and a friendly wel come on arrival would not of gone amiss.
Made me & my family a little uncomfortable, but we was " hank marvin".
Strange set up for the carvery, but credit where due, carvery was delicious and plenty of choices, meat was aplenty and the cook was quite friendly.
I thought the meal made up for the lack of initial uneasiness.....and I think I would go again, but girls please smile & welcome your paying customers.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

We booked a family party just after New Year for around 20 guests. The table was laid beautifully with banners and balloons. The food was great even though one of our group was very late the helpers could not have been kinder.

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

Nice pub with friendly staff. Corporate skittles evening which was an experience in itself for colleagues from non-skittling regions! Food was very nice - chilli and a curry. Recommended.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

first of all i would like to say this pub is very welcoming. I had a lovely steak here last thursday, which was a bargain at 2 steaks and a bottle of wine for £25. The peas were lovely and hot and steak done just how I like it .I also came here for a carvery on the sunday, I don't like beef or pork which was on offer this particular sunday so the bar maid said the chef would do me chicken if I wished which was perfect. very helpful staff and the meal was great. I had the 2 courses for £12 which included a dessert, I chose the homemade trifle which was lovely.

they are doing very well since the fire and I hope the continue doing so.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

A nice and friendly welcome, the other half was advised well on the local beer which kept him sweet!! Great, hot fresh food, and not the usual tiny plate you normally get for a carvery!! Chef was very informative as to what ingredients went into various dishes and took freat pride of his creations The roasties were the best we've had for quite a while and the beef was perfect. A massive well done thankyou

1  Thank 45les