All reviews mango room marine iguanas private deck the main hotel beautiful beach sitting room onsite restaurant isabela island public areas charming hotel concha y beachfront location santa cruz garden area buffet breakfast in town laid back
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed at Casa de Marita for three nights while on Isabela. We had two adjoining rooms, one with twin beds, the other with a king, plus an additional twin in the small hall that connected the two rooms. There were two sitti rooms in "Mango" room, as well as a deck that looked out to the ocean. The "lilac" room was smaller, although ample in size with ocean front deck. Hammocks on the patio were where you could find our two children every afternoon. It was the only place we've traveled internationally where I was comfortable with our kids roaming freely. Staff is very accommodating, food is quite good. It is literally beach front which is nice for a stroll before dinner. Iguana bar at the end of the pier was fun for a few rounds of drinks.

I wouldn't classify this hotel as luxurious in furnishings, but quite frankly, when I'm coming in every day from that afternoons activities, I appreciate tile floors that it's okay to be sandy on, (although we always hosed off outside at one of the many spigots). Marita was there to greet us and was on site often. I didn't find the prices to be out of line for the accommodations. I will say that the rooms at the beach side would definitely be preferable, but I didn't see the back rooms.

There is an amazing restaurant walking distance (can't remember the name) but they specialized in grilled seafood. For about $15 pp they bring a metal dish, over hot coals, with just caught lobster, shrimp, octopus, squid and fish. Out of this world. Comes with a little salad, potatoes and a dish of ice cream. Worth finding out the name. It was on a corner.

Room Tip: Mango was huge! Lilac was small, but a fabulous view. Request a room on the ocean side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Guest
We are so glad that you and your family have enjoyed your stay in La Casa de Marita, thank you for describe every detail of our service in a good way we are so happy for your comments that mean that our work is well done.
We are very pleased that you and your family have enjoyed the charm of the Isabela Island.
Thank you again, for help us to improve and give us the chance to keep growing for you. We hope that you remember our house like yours, because our main goal is that you feel at home.
Best Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Casa Marita is a heavenly place to stay. The rooms are very large, clean and comfortable. The staff really make you feel at home. They even threw me an impromptu birthday party complete with cake! The candlelight dinners on the beach are a really treat. From lounging in the hammock to reading your email on the deck, it is a charming place to stay on your vacation in the Galapagos.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Danna
We are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay in casa Marita and also Galapagos.
We always tried to make special our attention to our Guest, thank you very much for you review we appreciate it. We hope you can return to our paradise called Isabela

Best regards

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Make sure not to get one of the rooms in the back of the hotel. They are heavily overpriced. The breakfast is very good but doesn't make up for the very uncozy room and the poor cleaning (pubic hairs next to the bed lamp)!

Room Tip: Get a room in the front!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Yvette
We apologize for the inconvenient that you had have here in the hotel. We are always concerned about taking care of minute details. We regret that this has been out of our hands. But I want to let you know that all the annexed room has been remodeled. Thank you for your comments... I'd like to let you know that is very important to us... Because it helps us to improve our attention.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We loved La Casa de Marita Hotel. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The only problem we had was one of the three rooms that we had with our family smelled a little musty, but when we pointed it out the staff changed the room with no hassle and the new room was better, just like our other two rooms we had. The location was beautiful, too. I checked out the other hotel I was considering to stay at while I was there and I was so glad I picked this one! We also had a bad experience eating in town at the local restaurants, so after that we ate all of our meals at the hotel and they were very good and reasonably priced. Again, I can't say enough about the staff, they were great! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Cindy L
Buraschi, Manager at La Casa de Marita, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Cindy
We are very pleased to hear that you had a good stay and our attention has filled your expectations.
We sorry for the inconveniences you have had with us, but we also want to thank you for your high recommendation and your comment.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 May 2012

A very pleasant hotel immediately on a gorgeous beach. We had sandwiches and fresh mango juice delivered to our room's balcony overlooking the ocean everyday. This is the best hotel in Puerto Villamil and Isabella Island. They gave us a bottle of wine on our last night since it was our honeymoon. We stayed for 5 nights and wish we could have stayed for more.

Room Tip: We loved the Lila Suite
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wjadams
Buraschi, Manager at La Casa de Marita, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your experience and suggestions with other travelers. I am delighted to know you liked our peaceful location and to know you had 5 lovely relaxed days!

Congratulation again for you honey moon!

Warm regards