“If you are going to stay in Venice, Stay...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
grouse357
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“If you are going to stay in Venice, Stay here..........”
Reviewed 26 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

This was the second time in 12 months we have stayed at this apartment. It will now be our automatic choice if we are visiting Venice. The location is perfect, in a quiet street 5 mins walk from the Arsenale vaporetto stop, 10 mins walk from St Marks square. The apartment itself is beautifully furnished and the kitchen is fully equipped, even has a washing machine. Lorenzo was waiting for us at the agreed time at Arsenale and guided us to the apartment (although we already knew the way). There is a supermarket a couple of streets away where you can stock up and there is a small bakery on the corner of the street for fresh bread.
I wouldn't stay here if I had small children as I would be terrified of them damaging the antique furniture or the silk curtains or the Murano glass chandeliers etc also be aware it is up 2 flights of a narrow staircase, not a problem for us but it may be for some.
I would love to live here if I could afford it............

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing, I can't find fault with it.
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
tlc_too
BC
“Amazing Apartment”
Reviewed 4 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

We found this apartment listed on cross-pollinate.com and though we had never booked with them before, we had a pretty good feeling about it and decided to take a chance. And were we glad we did! This apartment was the first stop on a 4 week tour of Croatia and Slovenia starting in Venice and ending in Paris - and it set the bar so high that all of the other accomodation booked had no chance of equalling let alone exceeding the experience of Ca Pierre! Coming from the airport we were met at the Arsenale stop by Christian and escorted to the apartment - along the way he pointed out restaurants, the market, wine shop, etc. At the apartment he showed us around, provided maps and a Venice tour book, and even walked us to the market so we would get there before it closed. The apartment itself was perfect . . . it was clean, well located, roomy and bright, stocked with breakfast items and condiments, newer appliances, and a large bathroom. Really, the only thing missing was wifi. If we return to Venice, I can't imagine wanting to stay anywhere else!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved how bright it was - so many windows!
Liked least: No wifi
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
megthemin...
Somerset
“We had a fabulous week at Ca' Pierre”
Reviewed 14 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

My husband and I love Venice, so much so that we chose to marry here and our mothers were our witnesses at our wedding ceremony. Two years on and we decided to give both mothers the chance to return to the scene of the crime and do some proper sightseeing, as neither of them had had much opportunity on the previous visit. Needless to say, both jumped at the chance, so I was faced with the challenge of finding a reasonably priced apartment with a minimum of three bedrooms, in Venice itself rather than on the mainland and not too far out from the centre, all at a good price. The week after Easter is not a particularly cheap time to stay in Venice (when is?) and other apartments we'd stayed in before were either too small or not available. I trawled through hundreds of listings and stumbled upon Ca' Pierre (not at that point listed on TripAdvisor), and contacted them for a price. It sounded so reasonable that I had to double-check with Christian that I'd understood it correctly. He was very helpful, and so, despite not being able to find many independent reviews online I decided to gamble on it and made the booking, sent off the deposit and spent the next four months having kittens that I'd booked our mothers into some seedy hellhole. I really needn't have worried - when we arrived at Arsenale on the Alilaguna service in the dismal lunchtime rain, Christian's sister soon appeared and led us swiftly through a maze of streets and upstairs to the marvellous haven of Ca' Pierre. There we also met Christian's mother and the smiles and goodwill flowing through the room made up for the language barrier (sorry for our very poor Italian). Fortunately Christian's sister has an excellent command of English so the paperwork was soon completed and we were left to explore the apartment and establish our rooms. My husband and I took the double room up a little flight of stairs from the open plan kitchen/living room which meant that we had a degree of separation from the other bedrooms where our mothers had claimed their own spaces. When we came to check out the kitchen we just couldn't believe how much we'd been left with as provisions - cartons of milk, bottled water, packet croissants and more, even bin bags - enough that we didn't need to worry about shopping straight away and more than we'd ever had in any other apartments we've stayed in.
We absolutely loved our week's stay in Ca' Pierre, staying in a traditional Venetian apartment, coming and going as we pleased, close to San Marco (only 10 minutes walk) but in a lovely quiet neighbourhood. If it rained we could pop home and make coffee with a splash of grappa, if it was sunny we could pop home for a rest and a cool drink. We enjoyed being able to cook for ourselves with fresh fish from the Rialto markets, and eating a leisurely breakfast with fresh bread from the bakery just round the corner. We were very sad to leave, but we hope we'll be able to return to Ca' Pierre and the hospitality of the Micoud family. I know our mothers will be keen to go back!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: It felt like a home from home from the moment we arrived
Liked least: The sloping stairs on the first flight - don't tackle after too much grappa!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Rue1974
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful apartment in an amazing location!”
Reviewed 19 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

I visited with my partner, two large teenage boys and my grandmother. I contacted Christian from the Alilaguna and he told me what time we would arrive at the dock. We were met at Arsenale by Christian and walked to the apartment, he took the time to point out the different routes to the dock, which boat to catch for the station, supermarket etc. Very friendly and very helpful.

I worried that the location would be too much of a walk from the centre for my grandmother but it was absolutely fine. It's about a 10 minute walk from St Marks but in an area that is so lovely and quiet with barely any tourists. So nice.

The apartment is lovely and spacious and when we arrived, there was bottled water and milk in the fridge, croissants in the cupboard and cake on the table as well as coffee etc.

I would definitely stay here again, for the location, the comfort and the friendliness of Christian and Lorenzo.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Wished there had been more supplies left by other guests. ie jam, washing powder etc
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
kellisima
pasadena, california
“Beautifully elegant accomodations, great location”
Reviewed 25 December 2011 for a stay in October 2011
person found this review helpful

Lorenzo was so hospitable and welcoming. He met us at the dock and walked us to the apartment and showed us thoroughly how everything worked. The apartment is lovely and clean. We enjoyed the espresso and pastries that were in the kitchen every morning. The happy chatter and fragrance of food from a bar around the corner wafted in through our open windows and made us crave it! We picked up a fresh "bake it yourself" pizza, some veggies for salad, and a bottle of wine from a grocery store a block away for a delicious dinner. We felt safe and secure in Ca' Pierre. The price was good. The location was great. The mattresses were hard, but that's Italy for you. The windows kept the noise and the light out for sure. We would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: very elegant house
Liked least: the mattresses
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing