“Lovely apartment in quiet neighbourhood”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Stylish comfortable furnishings
Contemporary style
Spacious living area
Hallways
A room bathed in sunlight
Entrance
Soft furnishings just right for relaxing
The Master Bedroom
Let your culinary creativity flow
Smart stylish and clean
Travellers' rest
Enjoy our power shower
Our marbled bathroom
Bathroom
The apartment looks out over a canal and the lagoon
Bathroom
A lovely sunset seen from the apartment
A view from the apartment of Rio Della Punto Longo
Bathroom
View from the apartment of the southern lagoon
Bathroom
Our apartment overlooks this lovely canal
Hallways
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Rideauski
Perth, Canada
“Lovely apartment in quiet neighbourhood”
Reviewed 8 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

This apartment worked very well for us as we enjoyed being able to escape the busy streets of Venice and the fact that our friends live on Giudecca island. This modern apartment was only minutes away from the ferry service, grocery store and several restaurants.
Be careful if you decide to book as currency is in British Pounds (not Euros) and the owner only accepts bank transfers which get expensive as you have to pay the charges from your bank as well as the owner's. (these charges added approx. $200 cdn to rental). We were fortunate to have friends living there and they communicated to the owner's agent for a meeting time and place as well as to get questions answered as we did not have a phone service which would work in Europe.
Other than that the apartment worked very well for us and we enjoyed opening the windows morning and evening to watch the local boat traffic and enjoy the breeze off the lagoon. The apartment had everything you really need for the stay including a kitchen with adequate cooking supplies to make most meals. I'm not sure about sleeping 4 adults but there was a good bed, short couch and a cot so better for 2 adults and 2 children.

Liked best: location
Liked least: extra bank charges
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
Management Response
22 Jul 2012
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your holiday.

In the light of your comment about the bank charges that you had to pay, I think it would be helpful if I were to take this opportunity to clarify my payment terms for the benefit of anyone who is thinking of booking my apartment.

My policy is to accept payments by bank transfer ONLY from non-UK clients who do not have a UK bank account. Anyone with a UK bank account can pay by cheque from that account, a bankers draft drawn by a UK bank or by bank transfer. All payments must be cleared before your holiday begins. I am sorry that your bank levied such high charges for the transfer of your funds, but you will no doubt realise that I do not have any control over your bank's pricing structure. As your bank charges so much for such a straightforward international transaction then perhaps you should review your banking arrangements? You might get a better deal from one of your bank's competitors. I do not have to pay anything like as much as you had to pay in bank charges when I send money overseas.

It is perhaps worth noting at this point that UK banks do not normally charge for bank transfers to other UK accounts, so this issue only pertains to international payments.

My prices are quoted in UK sterling currency and I confirm that I do not accept payments in other currencies. My payment terms are that 25% is payable on booking and the rest (with the returnable security deposit) is due one month before your holiday. If you are making your booking less than a month away from the start of your holiday, I would require the full amount on booking with the security deposit of £300, which is paid in case of any damage to anything in my apartment - normal wear and tear excepted. The returnable security deposit will be refunded (minus the cost of any damage - if any) within 21 days following your holiday. I do pay in cheques for security deposit payments because I have to know that clients have funds in their accounts to cover them.

My prices for the rental of my apartment are extremely competitive (many clients have described the rates as cheap)and my profit margins are small. In order to keep things that way, I insist on receiving the full payment for the rental with bank charges having already been deducted - i.e. it is my clients who pay the bank charges rather than my having to pay them out of incoming funds. Clients must also take account of the international exchange rate to ensure that the full amount for the rental is paid into my account.

Thanks once again for your very positive review and I hope my comments in reply will clarify any outstanding issues concerning my payment terms for other potential guests.
London

Reviewed 24 February 2012 for a stay in January 2011

Families with young children
Italyofil
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Quiet but convenient location in Venice”
Reviewed 3 February 2012 for a stay in December 2011

This is an apartment on the island of Giudecca. Yes, it is an island, think Venice without the tourists! But it is also central; many Venetians live there and it is only a few minutes vaporetto ride to Zattere on the mainland. On New Year's Eve we walked 10 minutes along the quayside for a spectacular view of the fireworks near St Marks Square. Food shops, restaurants -and the new Hilton Stucky- are all nearby
The apartment itself, on the ground floor of a secure modern condominium, is delightful with views onto a canal. It is well furnished, quiet and comfortable.
For us, arriving at the main train station was a thrill. The instructions for picking up the keys were clear and we soon met the delightful Caterina. What a great introduction to the Giudecca she gave us!. By the time we reached the apartment we felt we knew the area.
Best things about the apartment? The sense of security and being able to come and go throughout the day. Galleries and churches all morning, back to the apartment, then off again after lunch for more exploring. Difficult decisions all the time- should we get the vaporetto the few stops to St Marks Square or go the long way round and down the Grand Canal.
Go for a week, if you can. We hope to ---again!

Liked best: location
Liked least: Vaporetto fares (but best to get a 7 day ticket)
Older travelers
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

Liked best: Comfort and location
Liked least: Perhaps the bed could be a bit more comfortable but it was good all the same
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing