“Kura hulanda villa”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dejuch
Danville, NH
“I wish I could say that I would stay at Villa Kalki #1 again!”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

This villa is on the grounds of a resort, but not owned by the resort. I really wish I could say that I would stay in this villa again, because some things were very nice such as: the view, pool, villa layout and most of the furnishings and resort security. However several issues were major and I don't believe they will be repaired anytime soon. I'm referring to the frequent sewer odor coming from the hall bathroom. We were able to endure it because for most of our stay we didn't use that bathroom or the adjoining bedroom which also became filled with a terrible stench. We still smelled the odor from time to time, but it was bearable.
It is also apparent that a number of items are worn and need to be replaced: stove top fan & lights do not work, microwave doesn't heat anything, wine cooler made a continuous noise so we stopped using it, washer/dryer didn't dry, water temperature in the master shower could not be regulated - all hot from the ceiling and all cold from the wall faucets, main tv would lose sound intermittently and master bedroom tv came on 20-30 minutes after pushing the "on' button.
Some of these issues were addressed with the owner, but none were resolved. We know that some of the issues are related to the ongoing resort bankruptcy and that makes it more of a challenge to maintain the villa. The owner did replace our broken coffee pot right away (with an old one held together with a piece of wire), a broken blender (with a new one, after a week) and offered for us to move to villa #3 when she couldn't fix the water temperature problem. We decided not to move mainly because #3 has no 110 voltage and we needed that for one of our group who has breathing problems and needs oxygen and therapy machines 24 hours a day.
In spite of it all, we really enjoyed our vacation. Curacao is a wonderful island with great weather, lots to do, fantastic beaches, a beautiful city area and many nice restaurants. I would definitely return to Curacao, but can not recommend the Stunning Sea View Villa Kalki #1.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
NYC_SoloT...
NYC
“Bed bugs, villa in poor condition”
Reviewed 2 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017
people found this review helpful

Unfortunately, the stunning villa in Curacao that was advertised by Key Caribe fell short of stunning. The company does not screen their properties property, if they did, I would have no reason for this review. While staying in a Villa in Curacao last week, myself as well others in our group including an 8 year old were seriously bitten by bed bugs. We left the villa in the morning of the 5th day because of the unsanitary conditions of the villa (termites infestation and bed bugs). Key Caribe sided with the villa owner and stated (I kid you not) that perhaps we brought the bed bugs from our previous travels. There were numerous things wrong with the villa - non working AC, no wifi, sewage smell from the bathroom on the first floor, but we tried to work with the owner to resolve the issues instead of enjoying our vacation. Bed bugs were the final draw, we did not feel safe staying at the property any longer. I took photos of bites across my entire body if you are looking for proof. Please beware! This was NOT the stunning vacation that we were hoping to enjoy in Curacao

We did not finish our stay in this villa because I as well as several others in our group were severely bitten by bed bugs and we left the villa in the morning of the 5th day. We had to scramble to find another resort and paid full rate because this was unbearable. Let me start by saying that from outside the villa is truly stunning, but from day one we experience issues. We tried to work with Ashanti (owner) to resolve those, but the bed bugs and termite infestation was the final draw. We left because we did not feel safe.
Here is a brief summary:
 AC was fixed only on the 3rd day of our stay in my room.
 Wifi was fixed on the 3rd day of our stay
 Bathroom on the first floor was unusable. We were told by the owner, the smell sometimes comes from the soil, we should put a wet rag on the drain and it goes away. Well it didn’t go away, the smell was tear-inducing unbearable.
 We found a bee hive outside in the backyard only after my friend was stung
 I have multiple welts across my body from BED BUGS!
 Several termite nests behind the couch in the living room area
After notifying the owner of our immediate departure, she perceived to tell us that:
 There is no such a thing as bed bugs in Curacao
 If there are bed bugs, we perhaps brought them over from our previous travels
 The problem with the bathroom was due to the fact that our 8 year put ammonium in the toilet
 AC issue was caused by us keeping the door open to the back yard

That’s just a few and no, we are not getting a refund. At this point, I would like to warn others that this villa is unsanitary and will not enhance your vacation in Curacao

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
4 Dec 2017
Thank you for staying with us and for your review and recommendation.

We are deeply sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience on your stay with us; and appreciate your valuable feedback on our services.

As I explained to other members of your group, because I have noticed you are individually leaving bad reviews;Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the villa.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. The safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. As discussed in our previous conversations, our team has done everything possible and went beyond expectation to accommodate your every requests. Another accommodation and refund were offered, but your group declined both offers.

In cooperation with Pest control Department, they ran a test to investigate your claim. Treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories have tested negative on bed bugs.

In taking great care of all the villas we manage and rent out in the Caribbean, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to one of our properties. Please reach out to us directly at our email if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around.

It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our Island again!

With much appreciation,

Key Caribe Management
Yevgeniy...
“Bed bugs and Termite Infestation”
Reviewed 29 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

The paradise vacation promised by Key Caribe could not have gone more wrong.

I had to move out of the Villa due to unsanitary conditions.

The unscrupulous owner refused any refunds.

Allow me to start from the beginning.

Upon arriving to the villa, we were greeted by owner/manager of the villa, Ashanti. That very first evening we found out:
As travelers arriving via airplane to the Island, we were expected to bring everything *including* TOILET paper to the villa (didn't expect that, did you?)

The AC in one of the rooms was not working, making for a balmy 80+F (25C) temperature in the room.
TVs were not hang up on the wall -- not that it matters cause reception there is worse than on the moon.

This was not a nice beginning. Having paid for villa, and arriving at night, kinda limit your options -- it will make it hard for you to leave right then and there.
Of course, the above was NOTHING to the fact that the bathroom next to the room with the broken AC had toxic, tear inducing SEWAGE smell due, clearly, to the broken sewage system. Ashanti, "helpfully" suggested to block the smell using wet towels.
By the way, you DID NOT think you would be provided with the clean towels, did you? Please tell me that you are NOT that naive, my dear traveler. Let me assure you: the towels you will use in that villa were previously used, DAILY, to block SEWAGE smells in the bathroom.
Still with me? Wow! You must have strong nerves! Good for you; read on.
It took 2 days for Ashanti to get people to fix in AC as well as WiFi (yes, forgot to mention; wifi wasn't working upon arrival either). The smell of course, stayed -- making it impossible to sleep in the adjacent room with or without AC.
During this time, some minor inconveniences such as bee nests (I was stung 3 times) under palapa outside are hardly worth mentioning.
I wish I'd just left the second day -- but, given that we had large-ish group (6) it was a bit too tough.
Our opinion changed when we discovered termite infestation and our guests were bitten by bed bugs.

I'm attaching some photos of inside the Villa Infestation as well as bed bugs bite.
Stay away.

Management Response
30 Nov 2017
Dear Mr. Miretskiy,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review and recommendation.

In cooperation with Pest control Department, they run a test to investigate your claim. Treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories have tested negative on bed bugs.

It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our Island again!

With much appreciation,

Key Caribe Management
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing