1,949 results
All reviews rum point beach bar east end of the island across the street stingray city fish liquor store time share seven mile beach deluxe studio white sands water sports captain chris grand cayman rented a car full kitchen all inclusive option all inclusive plan
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The resort itself is fine. Would have given it a 3, and service a 4. That being said I was upset right off the bat by the push and ultimate bad treatment because I would not sign up for a timeshare tour. I traded into this resort so I obviously already have a timeshare. Why waste my time and everyone else money and effort when I’m not buying another one. They tried to up charge us for what should have been free Wi-Fi because we wouldn’t take the tour. I did like the quieter end of the island. But if you stay over here you should rent a car. To be fair I told them right off the bat I always rate on trip advisor and they didn’t try to rectify my initial interaction with them. I do really like the bartenders, would give them 5 stars! Further I will take this up with interval international, if I own and trade I shouldn’t be subjected to pushy sales events. This is not the first resort to do this to me.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Patricia A
Michelle F, Manager at Wyndham Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Patricia A,

We welcome feedback and we encourage our guests to share their comments and experiences during a stay so that we can do a better job at providing the right experiences. As you know we do have a Timeshare Member Program and while it is presented to most guests as an option, we do our best to present it in a respectful and in the least intrusive manner possible. We sincerely apologize if the approach from one of our team members offended you.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

This resort is very lovely, it is on the quiet side of the Island, however it is not a far trip to the hustle and bustle if you want to venture out. The food at the onsite restaurant was very good. The staff of this resort are very nice and extremely helpful. The units were spacious, we had a one bedroom and there was a ton of room. The view was awesome, direct water front, which made sitting on the porch a joy! You will not be disappointed with this resort. The only thing that was disappointing was the charge for the use of internet, it was a daily fee of $10 and then the utility fee of $212.00 for the week. During our talk with the concierge as this is customary to receive instructions, etc, they want you to go to the 90 minute 'timeshare or ownership update'. We are not interested and said as much, but then she offered us free internet, therefore we became somewhat interested. We advised her we were not interested in a purchase, and she assured us that it was just an 'update' and that there was no pressure. We finally agreed! When we arrived at the meeting, the lady we were assigned was lovely, friendly and laughing with us. Once we made it very clear we were not interested in a purchase, her demeanor changed dramatically, she became almost cold, as if to say 'I have to waste my time with you and you are not even interested'. On the good side she ended the tour fairly quickly without the usual hard line pitch. She did end with our visiting the 'head guy' in his office. He is the Director of the property. He was nice, however a bit rude when he said, "did you come for the free gifts?". Well, you pushed them on us because your people wanted us here and yes, for free internet and a trip to Sting Ray City, why not? He said a few other condescending things, in a subtle way to make us feel like we did something naughty. Never, will I ever go to a timeshare update or meeting ever again!!! They knew that we were aware of how outlandish the cost of these things are. They laugh all day long at the people that actual purchase these things! Just skip the 90 minute update and enjoy this beautiful resort!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
6  Thank FLATraveller52
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love this place!! We came here for our honeymoon and had to make an anniversary trip back! The hotel staff is so friendly. The beach bar is one of our favorite places to hang out. The east end is so quiet and relaxing. We will be back again someday!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Michelle F, Manager at Wyndham Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Caskeynir,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Reef Resort for your vacation and for leaving a review about your stay with us.
We appreciate all of your comments and especially the compliments regarding our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit. In the meantime, we wish you happy travels.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We came to celebrate with 2 other couples for 9 days in Grand Cayman for my husbands 50th Birthday. The staff was excellent especially Archie! He was hands down the best concierge ever and made our trip so special. He made sure every one of our wishes were granted and went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our time. Each staff member was truly amazing and wonderful. We look forward to returning!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue J
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We just just left early after staying for three days and left to check into hotel on 7 mile beach for the rest of our vacation.

Cons:

1) It is $69 US from airport to the resort by taxi and 45 min ride. You need a rental car on this side of the island.
2) You are immediately bombarded to sign up for a timeshare discussion to get perks such as free WiFi (otherwise $35 US per device)
3) Rooms are old (resort old like the 90’s), they have ants, and you can hear everything. If you are tall or plus size, you will feel very claustrophobic in room with toilet and shower.
4) The beach is rocky in most areas ( you need water shoes to get in) and it’s full of seaweed. 7 mile is clear and no seaweed for miles. Beaches are day and night.
5) The food is very expensive and horrible on the resort. There is only Tides and beach bar for food options. They charge $132pp for all-inclusive which is not worth it. The breakfast was served lukewarm and a drink was about $15 for rum punch. You are better off going to Eagle Rays for $10 breakfast. Tukka was best meal we had for dinner and they provide a free shuttle.
6) The resort is quiet and dead. No music or anything during the day.
7) There are no canopies or umbrellas to cover you from the shade. In addition you only get one towel per person for pool and your room. No extra towels.

Pro:

1) The hospitality was nice. All the staff were friendly.
2) Get a rental car from Andy’s across the street.

I’m only giving it one star because of the staff. We were truly disappointed and wished we did not exchange our timeshare here. A true disappointment and waste of money. Glad we were able to find a hotel quickly to enjoy the rest of our trip.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple