“Great food ”
Review of The Butcher's Wife

The Butcher's Wife
Ranked #712 of 2,860 Restaurants in Cape Town
Description: Quaint, cosy and trendy café where you may enjoy anything from light meals, breakfast, lunches or dinners. From pizzas, pastas to your favourite grills. Lamb, beef, chicken and vegetarian options available.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food . Great service . Please book tables in advance as they are extremely busy and the place is a big small so the wait is a bit long .
We had a variety . Steak , pasta , pizza
Everything was tasty .
Definitely will be eating there soon .

Khalil G, Guest Relations Manager at The Butcher's Wife, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks for the great review. We definitely try our best to give you the best. We do regret however that due to the small size of our store, we are not able to take on any reservations and work on a first come, first served basis. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

It was a nice experience. The atmosphere was nice but like generally when you walk in they just ignore you. My friend had the prawns and I had the ribs but to be honest I think it’s totally overrated. We ordered a focaccia and the waiter forgot to bring it. See, I don’t know why? Is it a sin to write down the order? The waiter actually repeated our order in confusion three times but didn’t write it down and yet he got it wrong. The best part about the night was that they make lovely chai latte. Furthermore the restaurant is really small and not appropriate for a date or a business meeting or just if you want a relaxing dinner. But because everyone raves about it I think it’s a must do at least once.

Thanks for your review. We apologise that you may have felt ignored but that was most certainly not our intention. We have addressed your service issue with our waiter and hope that it won't happen again. Please visit us one more time to give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We had to wait about 40 minutes for a table....but next time I will make a reservation.....
The wait was absolutely worth it though as I have never eaten such an amazing Steak EVER!
The steak was prepared perfectly and I really couldn't fault a thing. The waitress gave us great service and although it was extremely busy ( it was quite chilly so they couldn't really use the outside space)we didn't have to wait long for our dinner. It is really great to find a nice halal steak house....where they actually understand the integrity of the meat and treat it with respect.

Khalil G, Guest Relations Manager at The Butcher's Wife, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

All good things in life is worth waiting for.... and TBW is no exception! Unfortunately, due to the size of the store, we are not allowed to take on any reservations. We suggest you come a bit earlier than you wish to be seated and we'll then accommodate you as best we can. As far the steak, well, thank you very much that's the way we like to treat our steaks - with respect. We are extremely happy that we have made your experience with us extraordinary, which is exactly what we have set out to of.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We visited this restaurant on Saturday afternnoon and were immediately seated.
The decor is modern. We ordered the beef ribs, Prawns and a Burger. After 15 min the waiter tells me they out of beef ribs. I changed the order to Lamb chops.
The Prawn and the Burger came about a 1 minute thereafter and the lamb chops came about 10 minutes later. So we could not eat toegther.
I found the Menu a bit pricey as compared to similar restuarants.

Thank you for your review. We apologise for the delay in you getting for meals simultaneously.

Overpriced - depending on the way our pricing is viewed. Whilst we may not be cheap, you get what you pay for! We offer high quality products and ingredients, generously sized portions, great ambience and absolute fresh and tasty meals. So, aside of paying a bit more, we believe we offer you great value for your money as well.

We hope to see you back in our store soon so that we are granted the opportunity to improve on where we got wrong.

Thanks
The TBW Team

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I visited this quaint restaurant in belgravia Road Athlone. Love the atmosphere and the food. However the restaurant is small in size and seating is limited and no advance booking can be made. The first time I went which was on a Saturday night I waited for more than 90 minutes to get a table for 3 and eventually left. However when I went back again had to wait for about 20 minutes before I got a table. I subsequently visited the restaurant again for dinner. The ribs are devine and a definite recommend. Both sauces are good. My daughters had the seafood pasta and mac and cheese and said it was good as well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as it fully halaal, food is good but just be prepared to wait for a table

Thanks for the great review.

We do our absolute best to give you the best. Our space is rather limited and therefore the wait can be a bit long, but we most certainly hope that the experience makes up for the time lost.

Thanks