Open today: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Review Highlights
Amazing experience

Really enjoyed the whole experience with Phil at TMTR. Bikes were trouble free and well maintained... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jamiesI2602IN
via mobile
Bruny Island Motorbike Tour

I was keen to go for a motorbike cruise with my partner down to Bruny Island and 'Tasmanian... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
marcusn537
Brisbane, Australia

All reviews excellent knowledge camping gear tassie trip phil panniers loop tiger bike bmw route riding ride gs pillion
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

Just completed 8 days in Tasmania, 6 days (would have been longer but had to get back to work) on one of TMTR’s 1200 GS’s. I arranged it all at short notice (4 days) and Phil couldn’t have been more responsive and helpful to make it happen from his end. The bikes are well maintained and clean with plenty of quality luggage options. Being collected and dropped off again was a really nice personal touch. I have ridden all over the British Isles and Europe, also Vietnam and India, and can’t say enough good things about Tasmania as an easy but top quality biking destination right in our own backyard. Culinary delights await around every corner, amazing views, and top quality biking roads from tight twisties to long sweeping bends. We loved it. Just do it.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 10 January 2021

In short: phenomenal!

Phil/TMTR provides you the full spectrum of service from picking you up, providing you the right motorbike, the right gear and accessories. All of that, to an unbeatable price. We researched a lot online before deciding for Phil, and we did so reading the reviews. Now I'm here, leaving another 5 star review. Because it's just as simple as that, it's a 5 star experience.

Bonus: The BMW R1200 GS was a blast, I have never had so much fun riding a motorcycle and that despite having a big load of additional equipment (camping gear) plus a pillion.

Thanks for making our Tassie trip a memorable adventure by providing us the bike and equipment we needed .

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 4 January 2021

Hired Triumph Tiger 800 from TMTR during the Christmas break with my partner as a pillion. Excellent knowledge of Tasmania and service from the team at TMTR. Bikes are in great conditions, and had no issues during the 9 day trip around Tasmania.

Bike came with all the gears needed (panniers, top box, gps) for ease of mind, and riding gear is also available.
Very responsive service and assistance if required by TMTR.

Would re-hire from TMTR again.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 30 March 2020

Excellent service form Phil and Christine. Bikes were very well prepared, in excellent condition, and never missed a beat. We flew in and were greeted at the carousel (no waiting) then on to TMTR, a short 20m drive out of the city toward the open roads and onto the bikes and gone. The trip was fantastic, and the back up is exceptional, weather you need to know how to program the simple GPS, or just turn on the heated grips, Phil is just a phone call away. I can't recommend this place enough, I'll be back next year with a few more guys. Phil's not just a businessman, he's a passionate bike guy, and an instructor. Chat with him about his Isle of Man experiences, and If you tell him Rod sent you, you might just get a look at a really cool race bike.

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 15 November 2019

I rented a BMW 1200 GS for an 8 day self directed tour of Tasmania. The hosts were well organized and all of the accomodations were well thought out and were quite comfortable. The route plans met all my expectations . Phil and Christine were great hosts and a good source of information about Tasmania. The GPS was well set up and the tour and hotel arrangements went very smoothly. I hope to return for another tour.
Ray, Ottawa, Canada.