Open today: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Review Highlights
Amazing experience

Really enjoyed the whole experience with Phil at TMTR. Bikes were trouble free and well maintained... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jamiesI2602IN
via mobile
Bruny Island Motorbike Tour

I was keen to go for a motorbike cruise with my partner down to Bruny Island and 'Tasmanian... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
marcusn537
Brisbane, Australia

All reviews excellent knowledge camping gear tassie trip phil panniers loop tiger bike bmw route riding ride gs pillion
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2020

Excellent service form Phil and Christine. Bikes were very well prepared, in excellent condition, and never missed a beat. We flew in and were greeted at the carousel (no waiting) then on to TMTR, a short 20m drive out of the city toward the open roads and onto the bikes and gone. The trip was fantastic, and the back up is exceptional, weather you need to know how to program the simple GPS, or just turn on the heated grips, Phil is just a phone call away. I can't recommend this place enough, I'll be back next year with a few more guys. Phil's not just a businessman, he's a passionate bike guy, and an instructor. Chat with him about his Isle of Man experiences, and If you tell him Rod sent you, you might just get a look at a really cool race bike.

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 15 November 2019

I rented a BMW 1200 GS for an 8 day self directed tour of Tasmania. The hosts were well organized and all of the accomodations were well thought out and were quite comfortable. The route plans met all my expectations . Phil and Christine were great hosts and a good source of information about Tasmania. The GPS was well set up and the tour and hotel arrangements went very smoothly. I hope to return for another tour.
Ray, Ottawa, Canada.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 25 September 2019

We had a really great experience hiring from Phil. Put in a last minute booking online to rent a couple of bikes to head up the east coast, then loop back over Poatina Highway (a must for all bikers), then back to Hobart. The bikes were a dream to ride and immaculately maintained by Phil. The pickup location for us was extremely convenient, we were able to leave our car then head directly up the coast on the bikes with no traffic issues. I can't recommend this experience highly enough.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 18 April 2019 via mobile

We live in Thailand and recently did a 8 day self guided tour around Tasmania. Phil was a real professional and a pleasure to deal with. He clearly got our brief and perfectly laid out our daily routes, local recommendations and hotel bookings. The whole thing was a breeze considering that we had never been to Tasmania and had no time to plan the entire trip. He was also available on call the whole time and was flexible to help us with our occasional change of plans while on the fly. I highly recommend TMTR to anyone that wants a riding holiday in Tasmania. Good food, great wine & awesome roads!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

I live in the US and was planning a couple solo motorcycle trips overseas. I’d ridden around Canada on my own bike but had never rented one out of the US. I was a little nervous about it. Phil from TMTR was awesome to work with! He answered several questions about riding around Tasmania and also objectively compared rides in Tasmania with other parts of Australia I had been thinking about riding (which I later drove, he was right, Tassie was the best!). Very helpful via email.
It was so easy when I arrived in Tasmania. Phil picked me up at the airport, I went and loaded all my camping gear etc in beautifully maintained Triumph Tiger 800, got some more tips from Phil (he even had a SIM card ready for me to sign up on) and took off!
Riding around Tasmania was a great experience. I had driven around Australia a little before and after my Tassie trip and I am so glad I rented from TMTR to ride Tassie. Had some great camping spots, most spectacular for me was Freycinet National Park (No beach in Colorado). I even texted Phil from the road and he responded and answered my questions.
After riding Tassie for a week (not long enough) I rode back to TMTR, packed my suitcase and Phil drove me to the airport. It couldn’t have been easier. The location of TMTR is perfect. The bike had a GPS system but Phil also had a great map he gave me, yes, paper, I like those!
I started thinking about going back next year the day I left. If I did, I would definitely hire a bike from Phil at TMTR again! Hope to see TMTR again!

Date of experience: February 2019