“good pub food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: they also do B+B
Reviewed 26 February 2015

Well placed for a stop on Thames Path walk. Standard pub food; well cooked and nice. Staff friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Talisca
foodiebic, Owner at The Talbot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Many thanks for your review.
I am a little lost as to the 3 star rating as the text would suggest warranting 4 or 5 stars.
Please could you email me to let me know where we dropped 2 stars from you - it's important that we understand how we can improve.

Reviewed 23 November 2014

Just had an excellent meal in the restaurant, the service was faultless, the food very tasty, large portions, served hot and tasty.

2  Thank Highlander1518

Wow - 5 stars.
This really makes our day to read such a great review

Reviewed 16 November 2014

From reading other reviews this has changed hands and how sad it is. It has been allowed to run down and has so much potential. A couple of the staff smiled but the other staff were very unhappy and unhelpful. The food was appalling. I booked a room specifically asking for a room with a view and yep! got the car park. It was my last few nights in uk before coming home and I booked because I thought that maybe being near a watercourse it would be cute etc. Not so at all. Cannot recommend at all unless I just wanted a desperate sleep. Water was hot though.

I'm a little disappointed to read this review.
Since we took over, we have grown the business by 20% - based on the quality of our food, the efficiency and friendliness of our staff and the quality of our rooms.
Please could you email me with some more details of food and staff so I can look into it?

Reviewed 12 October 2014

After our initial visit back in July my wife and I were in the area and looking again for a late lunch. The obvious choice was The Tolbot Inn and it didn't disappoint at all. The new owners have listened to the customers and have changed and updated the menu to suit the season and customers needs. The menu Has a wide range of dishes so much so I had finished my first pint before I had made my choice, this wasn't hard as the Arkells Craft lager was really nice and went down only to easily. The waitress was very friendly and polite the window table was in every way just right. Fast service of a quality meal. This is a pub I could visit time and time again and never get bored of, the next four visits will be for the pies I think especially the steak and Guinness.

We really love to read these reviews - especially when we see that they are from loyal and regular customers who appreciate what we do.
Always a pleasure to see you Neil and look forward to next time

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Not everywhere is open for meals on a Sunday evening but The Talbot Inn serves food then. We picked the pub due to the good reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. Our waitress was lovely and apart from the toilets needing some TLC, overall it was very good.

We had pie of the day (steak and mushroom) and lasagne. The peas served with the pie were a bit on the hard side, but ok. The portion size was good and the place had a good atmosphere. It was not too overpriced, with items on the menu at around £10-13 for a main meal.

MAny thanks for your review.
We have taken on board your comments and replaced the mattresses in room 3.
I was pleased to see that you enjoyed all other aspects of the Talbot and hope to see you again.
Tip - room 7 is a favourite ;-)