“relaxing holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Relax on the south facing deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Relax on the south facing deck
Spacious lounge, light and airy
A warm welcome to all our guests
Comfortable double bedroom with view to one of the paddocks
Your own BBQ and space
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

London, United Kingdom
“relaxing holiday”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Visited for the second year, in the middle of the countryside. Very central to Folkstone hythe canterberry and Herne bay which we visited all, and lovely cycle routes which we did along the beaches. Always looked forward to comming back & relaxing on the veranda watching wildlife etc, had a lovely BBQ which was supplied. Very private quite , not harassed by anyone. The weather was beautiful watched the sunset. Caravan Very well equipped only needed to take towels. Surroundings kept clean.
Would go again for the peace & tranquility

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peace and surroundings
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Vermeerhu...
Adelaide
“nice accomodation; but no bath/hand towels in price ;excessive security and rules”
Reviewed 10 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The accommodation was very nice and in a lovely location. However on arrival (Sun) the owner said the shower in the unit was not working well and, as it was a long weekend (and wouldn't get fixed until Tuesday,) could we cope with the warm shower? - or we could use her shower in the main house)? I had two warm showers in next two days and my wife cold showers; not managing to get the water any warmer. All fixed on Tuesday. There were no bath towels allocated in the price, so we had arranged for owner to supply for £10.We had to pay £100 as damage deposit on arrival. On leaving the property after 6 nights, the owner refunded the damage deposit minus the cost of £10 for the towels- namely £90. I would have appreciated the return of my damage deposit in full (£100) first, and then being asked for the £10 for the towels separately. I could then have asked for a reduction , due the the lack of good hot water for showers while we were there- I (gullibly) , probably expected the owner to waive the cost of the towels in good faith. But the owner held all the cards with the damage deposit in her hand. (This is probably not good public relations or the way to do it- you feel powerless while the owner holds your deposit). As we left , this provoked a discussion between ourselves about this accommodation for 45 minutes after as we drove to our new holiday destination. I had been fearful on losing my damage deposit -there was a long list of every thing (inventory) in the unit down to the minutest detail, and I was checking during the stay that nothing had gone missing or been broken, as I was due to pay up , if so. So overall , not our best stay in the UK.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: lovely location, great cabin
Liked least: lots of rules; long inventory list and liability for ANY loss; not the best PR skills of owner
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
10 Jun 2015
Thank you for your comments and my sincere apologies that you felt the service you received was lacking. I did try to contact you and sent an email before arrival to explain the problem with the boiler that had occurred on the bank holiday weekend, hence the engineer could not come until the Tuesday. I am sorry if this and the offer of the home facilities was not acceptable. The cost of towels, shown in the details as not provided was agreed in advance and I take on board your comment that this should have been a separate conversation to the damage deposit. Again my apologies to you both, I try to ensure my guests have a welcoming and first class stay on my smallholding and I am sorry on this occasion that did not happen. With kind regards Kate
Karen W
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Had a lovely break staying in the Everglade caravan which was perfect for myself, husband and 5 year old daughter. Kate the owner was great, allowing my daughter to help feed all the animals in the evening...she loved it. Very homely caravan with the added touch of fresh flowers, homemade cake & also an Easter egg for my little girl. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lovely setting, very peaceful
Liked least: Our April weather
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
stevewF96...
Durham, United Kingdom
“top quality accommodation in a beautiful location.”
Reviewed 3 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Despite our late arrival we received a warm welcome. The homemade cake and bottle of wine which awaited us was a lovely thoughtful touch - much appreciated - thank you. The accommodation was very well equipped and had everything we needed for an enjoyable stay. We loved the peaceful setting and privacy on offer and particularly enjoyed sitting by the 'picture window' watching the birds and animals and the changing light across the orchard and the landscape beyond. We have told my wife's sister's family about it and now they too are keen to stay.
Thank you for making our stay so pleasurable.

Jenny P
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 4 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

A homely base to explore the beautiful countryside. Initial reaction was how clean, tidy and well maintained the grounds were, maybe wasn't expecting that considering it was a working small-holding complete with sheep, chickens and two horses. I was warmly welcomed by Kate who extended this welcome with home-made cake and the added touch of flowers in 'The Everglades' mobile home, which was clean, cosy and in very good working order. Throughout my three week stay I never once had any qualms of being a solo traveller - security was well established and I felt that should it be needed help was always there. Overall, I would easily recommend a stay at Orchard Cottage .

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 70
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing