“Adorable couple, very good food.”
Review of Le Grain de Poivre

Le Grain de Poivre
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Cul de Sac
Price range: USD 14 - USD 33
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Husband and I were staying up the road when we decided we had had enough of pizza and cold cuts and were ready for a nice meal out. I made reservations which apparently were not necessary since the restaurant was empty when we arrived. An adorable young couple owns/runs the restaurant - he cooks, she serves, and their young son runs around. We ate well, spoke some French and flirted with the little boy and a random kitten that ventured in looking for scraps. I started with salmon rillettes, which could have used some salt. Husband had housemade fois gras, which was wonderful. He then had a shrimp curry with linguine which was absolutely delicious, and very different from his usual choices. I had a salad with fois gras and other meaty things which was perfect after a hot day on the beach. We shared a bottle of rose. While we were there two other couples came in and service slowed down a bit since Madame was working the whole house. I was happy they had more business but a bit disappointed all the attention was no longer on us.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Although we've only been to St. Martin three times, this is a must stop for us every visit. Once again, we were not disappointed. The bread was fresh and for a starter I went with the cheese plate which had a delicious sample from the Pyrenees. For a main course I went with the Crusted Tuna and Sesame Oil while my wife tried the Black Tiger Shrimp with Orange and Curry Sauce...we were both very pleased. I was full so I went without dessert, but my wife loved her peaches and ice cream. The night was topped off being able to spend considerable time talking with the chef/owner David and his wife, Marie. Such wonderful people, you could easily see becoming good friends with them and hanging out. We truly wish them all the success in the world. We look forward to our next visit-thank you. We're hoping next time that the fantastic leek soup is on the menu and my wife wants to shout out for your bouillabaisse as she said she's never had better-it's classic French.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here with my husband and teenage daughter. It was my favorite meal on the island thus far. We had the tuna steak, tuna tartare, and the duck. All were plated beautifully and quite delicious. The desserts were amazing as well. The owner/server recommended a very nice french rose' to go with our meals. We also liked the decor of the place and best of all, compared to other french restaurants here, the prices were quite reasonable. You've got to try this place!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We all had the 3 course menu (€ 29) and it was absolutely very very good! One of us is vegetarian, the chef made for her a delishes starter and maincourse! The wine we had , a bottle of Rosé, was also very good! The only thing we would say is: the entourage could be a bit nicer, a little light on the table or a light above the tables. But, that is not even that importend, the food is delishes!

1  Thank lanarcis
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Really enjoyed our visit to Le Grain de Poivre! We went there on the recommendation of a employee from Tijon Perfume. Great hosts and great food.