“Wonderful Hosts, Excellent Meal”
Review of Le Grain de Poivre

Le Grain de Poivre
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Cul de Sac
Price range: USD 14 - USD 33
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Although we've only been to St. Martin three times, this is a must stop for us every visit. Once again, we were not disappointed. The bread was fresh and for a starter I went with the cheese plate which had a delicious sample from the Pyrenees. For a main course I went with the Crusted Tuna and Sesame Oil while my wife tried the Black Tiger Shrimp with Orange and Curry Sauce...we were both very pleased. I was full so I went without dessert, but my wife loved her peaches and ice cream. The night was topped off being able to spend considerable time talking with the chef/owner David and his wife, Marie. Such wonderful people, you could easily see becoming good friends with them and hanging out. We truly wish them all the success in the world. We look forward to our next visit-thank you. We're hoping next time that the fantastic leek soup is on the menu and my wife wants to shout out for your bouillabaisse as she said she's never had better-it's classic French.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here with my husband and teenage daughter. It was my favorite meal on the island thus far. We had the tuna steak, tuna tartare, and the duck. All were plated beautifully and quite delicious. The desserts were amazing as well. The owner/server recommended a very nice french rose' to go with our meals. We also liked the decor of the place and best of all, compared to other french restaurants here, the prices were quite reasonable. You've got to try this place!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We all had the 3 course menu (€ 29) and it was absolutely very very good! One of us is vegetarian, the chef made for her a delishes starter and maincourse! The wine we had , a bottle of Rosé, was also very good! The only thing we would say is: the entourage could be a bit nicer, a little light on the table or a light above the tables. But, that is not even that importend, the food is delishes!

1  Thank lanarcis
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Really enjoyed our visit to Le Grain de Poivre! We went there on the recommendation of a employee from Tijon Perfume. Great hosts and great food.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

You could not ask for a sweeter place .nor could you for sweeter peeps to serve you and cook for you. This couple are people my husband and myself could be friends with . The place is will appointed and comfortable . The food is prepared beautifully tastes awesome and you know made with love. We may go back this trip, if not for sure next year ! I wish them so much success and happiness always ! Just go and check it out !