“One of the best in St. Martin!”
Review of Le Taitu

Le Taitu
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Cul de Sac
Price range: USD 20 - USD 40
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are located on the road to Mont Vernon : At the Cul de Sac roundabout, take the road to Pinel Island ferry , Drive for 600 meters and take the first right, 100 meters more and here we are on your left hand side.Welcome to the TAITU. We are open every day lunch and dinner, except on Sunday : 11.45 Am to 2.15 Pm and 6.30 Pm to 9.30 Pm.
Reviewed 14 July 2017

It's been four years since we dined here or visited St. Martin, but it was on our to do list as soon as we landed. We had dinner on July 5 and it was superb! The owner is very friendly and patient, and he explains what each meal entails. My husband ordered the coconut catfish and I had the whole grilled snapper. EXCELLENT!! Everything from the main dish, sides, and dessert was perfection and seasoned just right. I wish we took a pic of the dessert, but we were on it like a dog in heat and I forgot to take a pic. It was divine!!

Dine here--great prices for quality meals and friendly service!

Taitu449, Owner at Le Taitu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you for this review.
Hope to see you again, soon.

JEAN

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Great food and service from what appears to be a family owned restaurant. Enjoyed every course from appetizer, entree, and desert. Small cozy but a wonderful place for dinner while in SXM. Just minutes from Orient or Grand Case.

Taitu449, Owner at Le Taitu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you for your review.
We do appreciate that you share your experience with others on trip advisor.
Hope to see you soon .
JEAN

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The openness and decor of this restaurant were so great! I had a shrimp dish and my husband had a tuna steak. My shrimp was fairly bland and my husbands tuna tasted fishy and was overcooked. I didn't feel like it was worth what we paid. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things but I'm not sure I'd come back for dinner.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

What a magnificent find - the food was delicious & reasonably priced. My husband had the veal cutlet & I enjoyed the shrimp. The atmosphere was casual & friendly. Truly a Diamond in the Rough.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

This place has it all - good food, set in an old building - lots of character, attentive but not overbearing service. Our group of six had dinner one evening and the meals were fantastic all around - boeuf bourguignon, shrimp and scallops in creole sauce and more. Save room for dessert - the group shared chocolate cake, coconut flan and run raisin ice cream - all of which were divine. Our favorite place so far on this trip!