All reviews afternoon tea winston churchill winter warmer the cliff sea view lookout suite evening meal lovely building cream tea winston room bar menu sunday lunch superior room walk in shower four poster bed night break fish and chips
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I went to the Sea Marge for afternoon tea. The service was extremely slow and the quality of the food served was poor. It certainly bore no resemblance to the pictures of afternoon tea advertised on the web site.Sparingly filled sandwiches and unappetizing cakes. I certainly won't be returning.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicki M
nicj35, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Marge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the Sea Marge Hotel.

I have read your comments and i was saddened to read that you had a disappointing experience regarding your afternoon tea.

I would very much appreciate if you wouldn't mind emailing me at samantha@mackenziehotels.com so i am able to discuss your experience further.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Hotel setting is only good comment I can make. Went with a group for afternoon tea. Service extremely slow and impersonal. Tea like warm dishwater, coffee better but not a pot each, and had to request refills. Food very mediocre, seemed like mainly shop bought cakes, especially gluten free. No table or plate presentation. Was considering Xmas meal but definitely a no-no. Won't be returning!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank PaulaE31

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sea Marge Hotel.

I was saddened to read that you had such a disappointing experience regarding your afternoon tea and would like to apologise for the Inconvenience caused.

I would very much appreciate it if you wouldn't mind emailing me directly so i am able to discuss your experience further at samantha@mackenziehotels.com

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Had a very good lunch at this stunningly beautiful hotel. I've enjoyed afternoon tea here a few times and I just love soaking up the atmosphere of the place. I keep expecting to see Winston Churchill to walk out of the lounge (The Winston Churchill Room) with a glass of brandy in hand and the obligatory cigar. Though, of course, I'd point out to him that he should not be smoking in 2016.
Just go and see for yourself.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vic P

Thank you for leaving us a review following your recent visit to the Sea Marge Hotel.

It was so nice to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your afternoon tea with us and all of your lovely comments regarding all of its wonderful History it has to tell. Like yourself we have a lot of guests that are fascinated that Winston Churchill did in fact stay at the Sea Marge.

Your thoughts and feedback are very much appreciated and we shall look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We booked our wedding reception at the Sea Marge, along with rooms for my wife and our guests and cannot stress enough what a wonderful experience we had! We had visited the hotel on a number of occasions for dinner and had always been very impressed with the standard of the food and the fast, courteous service and so decided to entrust Sarah and her team with organising the most important dinner of our lives. And we really couldn't have been happier with the results! Our stay ran perfectly from start to finish and our guests are still telling us what a wonderful time they had - we have been more than happy to accept their compliments! Great food, great rooms, great view, great staff, great service - if you have a chance to visit the Sea Marge, even if it is just for afternoon tea, do not hesitate! A big thank you to Sarah and her team!

1  Thank Robin W
nicj35, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Marge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Sea Marge Hotel after your recent wedding reception.

I would like to thank you personally for choosing to have your special day with us. It was lovely to read that you had such a lovely day and the Hotel Property and staff exceeded your expectations. It was our pleasure to serve you and your guests on such a special occasions so thank you for such a kind review.

I have certainly passed on your glowing praise to Sarah and the team so thank you and we shall look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I went with a group of friends for afternoon tea. I expected finger sandwiches served on tiered plate stands. We never got finger sandwiches and they were left on a mirrored surface on the side for us to serve ourselves. The sandwiches were of poor quality for example I wasn't expecting cheese and brown pickle and lumps of salmon with no cream cheese and the outer sandwiches were going stale. The jam and cream for the scones came in cereal
bowls not individually. We expected a choice of teas served in teapots we got tea and coffee served from flasks the tea was clearly stewed and a disgusting grey colour. Not going there again we agreed.

Date of stay: July 2016