This resort is on beautiful grounds right on Lake Taal. The newer pool is lovely, the other one is right in front of the diners....choose the newer one to swim.
Service and reception are friendly and accomodating....that wonderful Phillipine smile. Don't expect your room to be 4 star. Bathroom very basic....lighting very poor and little space to put your things.
We had a "hotel" type room. It had a kitchen with nothing in it. We asked about that and they said that we cannot use it ...that it was just for "show" as those rooms were for sale. OK....but, it sure used up a lot of space. We were given a room right up in front of the lake and had beautiful sunrises and sunsets there on the spacious terrace.
Beware, though....no one is on or in the lake....it is so polluted from open sewers from the villages draining into it that it would definately be ugly to swim in it. The only ones on the lake are the boats going to the volcano and local fisherman. So, the lake is only for show....not to be on or in!
The food is dismal looking and tasting. Breakfast is the same.
Do try the mangoes and pineapples from the market easy walk into Talisay.
Maybe this was the best place on the lake, but don't expect 4 star room or food.
Oh....do not try to drive from the airport here! Figure out another way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on the shores of the world-famous Taal Lake and across from its volcano is a place where you can relax, connect and be with nature. Club Balai Isabel offers an option for an active lifestyle with all the comforts of city living. A mere fifteen minutes from the Tagaytay ridge, it offers an up-close and personal view of the lake and its world-famous volcano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Club Balai Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Balai Isabel Hotel Talisay
- Hotel Balai Isabel
- Club Balai Isabel Talisay, Batangas, Philippines