All reviewslittle priceyrooms are spaciouscable tvcomplimentary bottled waterceiling fanrelaxing weekendsmall townplace is greatenjoy the viewquiet placenice resortget awaysmall pooldeluxe roomwatching the sunsetfood and drinksreception area
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Initially, my husband and I were planning to go to a different place but our resort of choice was fully booked at that time. So we hunted for a resort just a few hours from Manila. This was also not our original choice because I find it a little pricey (not within our budget to be exact) but we decided to give it a try because it looks good in pictures. And I am so glad my husband convinced me to have this one instead. The place is nice and quiet, you will definitely feel relaxed. We got the premier room and to our surprised, it is big for a couple a nice, well maintained, clean functioning bathroom! It has a nice pool and little jacuzzi where you can stay and feel relaxed while looking at the beach or watching the sunset. Plus the staff are polite and accomodating.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jovy T
CoralBeach2014, General Manager at Coral Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you very much for the review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

There last May 12 to 13, and it was as usual a drive much worth it. Nearer than Laiya our favorite beach go-to, and just besides Nasugbu is Lian where Matabunkay beach is situated.

The resort is not that big but being owned by an Aussie who lives on the property the place is as nice as it should. We checked in and were shown our room, but the wife noticed thw room wasn’t the one she booked. We were informed that we were moved to another room for the A/C was broken and not workin well. But we insisted so got that said room which is by the beach( actually 20 mtrs to the beach). The quantity of rooms and guests were well balanced, checking the parking lot which was full you didn’t feel crowded, not at all.
There’s a small pool (which the filters could have been set to filter to keep it clean)and a jacuzzi asides from the beach of course. Food ain’t included but was well worth it for a serving is enough for two. Rooms were well maintained (asides from the A/C which was stuck at a single speed) but with a ceiling fan was enough to cool al of us down when it got too hot and as we slept.
Im assuming it’s a nice diving spot but you may need a separate trip to take you to deeper water for at low tide, water barely went up my knee at 30 m from the shore.
Overall, everything was just right. Price, good food, nice room and everything else in between, not 5 star but on a budget well enough. As we left, the Aussie owner happened to be there and sent us off.(Staff said he’s actually the son who took over qhen he passed).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ernesto A
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Arrived at the resort at 12 noon after navigating the traffic from Nasugbu to Lian, Lunch was simply good and dining hall reserved for us was comfortable with big TV screen and good enough for seminars. It was too hot to swim so we stayed in the room until 4PM, went out to book for boats for the ff day, Swam in the pool - water was hot too from sun.
Hope they have canopy for the pool to maximize time at pool . Also some leaves and burnt embers were flying at some time. Beach was too crowded by Sunday noontime. People can rent floating cottages and crowded the beach , seems like no designated swimming area. Boating and snorkeling to watch fishes and corals were nice though.

Room Tip: rooms near the beach and pool are good for view but can be noisy
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Eva A
CoralBeach2014, General Manager at Coral Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if you have any suggestions. We are always working to improve the beach with the help of the Mayor and Barangay Captain.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

CBC has been a consistently high performing resort for several years but there are cracks showing now. Problems with maintaining stocks of menu and bar items are appearing where there was never a problem before. Maintenance in the rooms is not to such a high standard as before. The new spa (although that is a franchise and not under the control of CBC,) was a disaster. I wanted a massage after a long day of golf, not to be stroked as if I was a cat! Massage is meant to be relaxing, not annoying and the masseuse seemed incapable of doing anything else. I would avoid that if I were you - unless you are a cat of course! Hopefully this direction of management will be redressed. The staff remain very friendly and helpful and are the true stars of CBC. For now CBC remains one of my favourite places but I am concerned. there was never a problem before. Maintenance in the rooms is not to such a high standard as before. The new spa (although that is a franchise and not under the control of CBC,) was a disaster. I wanted a massage after a long day of golf, not to be stroked as if I was a cat! Massage is meant to be relaxing, not annoying and the masseuse seemed incapable of doing anything else. I would avoid that if I were you - unless you are a cat of course! Hopefully this direction of management will be redressed. It would have been nice to have seen the manager but this new never seems to be noticeable! The staff remain very friendly and helpful and are the true stars of CBC. For now CBC remains one of my favourite places but I am concerned at where it may be going!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank mjlsManila

Good Afternoon,

We apologize that your experience with the Spa was not up to standards, we will certainly address that with the owners of the spa.

I am not sure the dates of your visit but I do try to greet all guests when possible. I am sorry that I was not able to chat with you during your visit. We do hope you return to give us another try, we are making improvements all the time and working to be the best in the area.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We enjoyed our stay specially the kids. Hotel staffs are accommodating. Spacious room, set-up is comparable to a 4 star hotel. We will definitely come back to the hotel. our family stayed for 1 night and we got 6 rooms. We appreciated the ambiance.
Well appreciated.

Room Tip: De Luxe room is nice
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hello,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having your here at Coral Beach.

We hope to see you again very soon