“Fantastic caravan and lovely location.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 45 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Melanie T
“Fantastic caravan and lovely location.”
Reviewed 26 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely weekend. This caravan is situated on the bank of the fishing lake and we enjoyed the views from the living room and our picnic on the decking. The caravan is beautifully fitted out, very comfortable and warm, a real home away from home. The folder with information about the caravan and site provided by Rachel was very helpful and we loved the thoughtful welcome basket. There was some noise filtering from the watersports lake during the day and the entertainment hub in the evening but in general it was very peaceful. The site is in a bit of a mess at the moment in places with work being carried out on the entertainment hub, and parts get waterlogged when there is heavy rain; but the area the caravan is in is fine. The charge for use of the entertainment hub is a bit steep if all you want to do is use the bar and eat in the restaurant, but there is a pub just off the site that does good food and we enjoyed our fish and chips from the takeaway in Tattershall. If you have a family and want to make good use of the facilities such as the swimming pool then the charge seems more reasonable. We would be very happy to come to this site again and to stay in Aldys Retreat on another holiday.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
28 Apr 2016
Thank you, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately yes while work has been carried out on new facilities it has been abit messy but I'm pleased to say it's all about done and dusted within this last week and it is all looking fab. Yes passes are required for use of bar,food and leisure facilities but not everybody bothers with them. Some people just go to chill out without use of amenities.
Victoria...
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Short break and escape”
Reviewed 23 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Lovely hamper on arrival and met by the owner. Beautiful caravan which was excellently equipped. A great spot for fishing, my son enjoyed his first time and we bought the whole kit cheaply from the tackle shop on site. The site facilities are new and extensive. There is free wifi on site which we could just about tap into in the caravan so my daughter was happy too!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
24 Apr 2016
Thank you for your review, we are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again sometime.
Louise O
“Miss”
Reviewed 5 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Gorgeous caravan, really comfortable and clean. We all enjoyed our stay there. Would definitely book again.

7 Apr 2016
Thank you for your review, we will look forward to seeing you again.
marythack
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“brilliant”
Reviewed 27 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Stayed for four days and the most relaxing time,the caravan was beautiful everything you need,Rachel owner even left us a hamper wine and goodies,would stay again beautiful place

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
29 Mar 2016
Thank you for your lovely review, it's defiantly a relaxing break that you needed. Hope all goes well.
Stefiie-L...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Break”
Reviewed 25 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend and little dog from 22nd - 25th Jan for my 24th birthday. On arrival there was a bottle of wine, roses and a birthday card left for me from the owners! I thought that was so lovely and to top that off a lovely welcome hamper was left for us too which I thought was a lovely touch. I had been in contact with Rachel a few times via text and she was very helpful and didn't get fed up with me even when I text her asking for the postcode half way there as my boyfriend and I got slightly lost due to our sat nav giving up! lol The location is amazing its so quiet and peaceful its just what I needed, the site its self is not to far away from Skegness took my dog there on a long beach walk he loved it. The ducks on the decking drove him bonkers it was so funny to see him running up and down as they waddled on by. The caravan its self is so homely, as soon as you walk in you feel comfy, the bed is magic! I've never slept so well in my life. All in all had a lovely birthday here and I shall be booking for later in the year! Thank you for a lovely stay :) x

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
29 Feb 2016
Thank you for your lovely review,we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again . Rachel
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing