“Fantastic Place”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Slade Barn Gower

Front parking
Front lawn and decked area Level lawn and decking enclosed by stock proof fencing.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front parking
Front lawn and decked area
Level lawn and decking enclosed by stock proof fencing.
Master bedroom
Master bedroom showing en suite
Seating area viewed from kitchen
Seating area towards kitchen
Three cliffs bay 10 minutes drive from cottage
Slade sands 5 minutes walk from cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Abs554
Storrington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed 21 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

What a fantastic place! My husband and I booked Slade Barn last minute, for us and our little dog for a little getaway. It turned out to be exactly what we needed. The barn has been excellently converted to a high standard and everything seems to have been carefully thought through. Along with the friendly welcome, its the little extras that make Slade barn special, such as the welcome provisions, personalised compendium and wealth of books, maps and games to entertain you when the weather is not so great. The location is also fantastic, being just a few minutes walk from a dog friendly beach and some stunning Gower coastline. Overall, Slade Barn is a great place to relax in luxury!

My forgotten pj's even beat me home

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
StephenNo...
Nottingham
“The Perfect Birthday Surprise”
Reviewed 16 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011

For my 60th birthday, my wife, two sons and daughters-in-law, and little granddaughter took me for two nights away for a surprise weekend break. I had no idea where we were going to although, when we got to Cardiff, began to suspect that it may be in Wales. From Swansea through Gower and finally along a narrow country lane we arrived at literally where the road ended, at Slade Barn.
From the moment we opened the gate, (initially the wrong way!), everything went to perfection. The accommodation is modern, stylish and wants for nothing in facilities but it was the little finishing touches that were so welcoming - fresh bread in the kitchen, a bottle of wine and Welshcakes (no, we'd never heard of these either).
Outside is a lawned garden with table and chairs overlooking the sea - perfect for a drink and for "chilling out".
The beach is a pleasant meander down the lane opposite and although we didn't have the time to do so, there are many good and varied coastal and moorland walks in the area.
Given that our ages ranged from 2 years, through to 20's, 30's, 50's (and 60), and the fact that we all agreed that we would like to come back, you can say that Slade Farm appeals to all ages.
The weather was warm, but we lit the log burner (just because we wanted to) - it was good, but after a while it went out. I mentioned it to Martin, who asked me if I'd used the air vent. I smiled and said: "Ahh. Air vent". So no doubt now, for the benefit of stupid townies like me, there will be a note about this in the book. Clearly, if you don't understand anything, just ask Martin.
Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:

Brighton
Reviewed 21 March 2011 for a stay in August 2010

Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing