See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2015

I "stayed" one night in this place and it has been the worst experience in my entire life. The place was old and not very clean. The shower was terrible and there was no hot water, but the worst part was the 4 massive cockroaches inside my bed!!
I ended sleeping in the car

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank goretti m
Reviewed 4 May 2015

Simple place according to the price... clean and very local caribbean life style and design. No a tourism corporation even similar, but the HUMANITY of their people, the friendly and kind support to the guest are the best deal you can make.

For few years I planned to visit Manzanilo and this Cabinas... Now we see the best effort of a family on their business: making you part of their family.

Prices are close to hostels... and NO drugs NO thiefs NO problems... You can cook on the private kitchen of the family rooms or the common kitchen even if you rent the cheapeast room.

I hope in few years they grow according to Tourism rules and business way whithout lose their essence!

Room Tip: Bring your food and cash... their is not ATMs... beach is amazing.. and you can fish sometimes....Panamá border is too close!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Allan Fabrizzio C
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Location is the best thing going for this affordable spot in Manzanillo. The room is standard, more or less like an older Motel 6. If I get back to Manzanillo one day I will probably seek out a different place to stay, mainly because I felt the innkeeper was a little on the rude side compared with everyone else I met in Costa Rica.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clavillazo
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Something Different was what we paid for. It's really cheap which was great but the room was extremely small (just a bed). One good thing is that we had our own bathroom with hot water.
The owner was nice to us and it was a really good choice for staying in Manzanillo just two nights and not spend a lot.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaiFrappe
Reviewed 28 January 2005

My friend and I stayed here for two nights back in August. The rooms are clean, spacious and fit two double beds with room to spare.

The owner is very nice and extremely helpful. Her children are adorable as well. She takes very good care of her hotel. She was also helpful in acting as a go between by relaying messages to us since we did not have a cellphone and we were trying to set up a tour of the park with one of the local guides.

If you're looking for a guide for the park who speaks English, I would recommend Abel. You can reach him through the guide/ranger office. The town is so small that everyone knows everyone. His brother and sister-in-law own the soda on the right when you're driving into town that is near the park/guide office. Abel is very informative and personable. We enjoyed our tour with him.

8  Thank wahoowa91