See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We arrived at Prime Gemme on an extremely hot day, having cycled 55km to get there. The owner kindly greeted us with ice cold bottles of water which were most welcome. The farmhouse is big and beautiful, with lovely views over the vineyards. Our rooms were nice with good air con and good wifi. The owners do not speak any English at all but nevertheless recommended a super restaurant in town for dinner (Al Tiglio) and very sweetly drove us there (we couldn't face any more cycling, besides there was a thunderstorm). They also collected us after dinner. So kind.
Breakfast was excellent.
We really enjoyed staying here as a family.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I had long wanted to visit the memorial to my grandfather 'missing' in WW1 in Giavera and knew that 2015 was probably the last chance I would have to do it. Initial contacts assured me that I would have all the help I needed and this proved to be exactly true. The house is wonderful, beautifully appointed over three floors ( but no lift) and commanding vistas. I had no transport, little Italian but Viviene and Ivan made sure that my visit to the British War Cemetery exceeded all my hopes and expectations. They also took me to the Italian Memorial in nearby Nervesa and a WW1 airplane museum.
A very emotional journey for me made possible by such welcoming kind hosts and many other Italians who helped on stations, buses etc. It will be recorded for my family history, for the Northumberland Fusiliers Museum and other WW1 sites.
Did I forget the Prosecco? Certainly not but it is the human kindness that stays in the memory.
Thank you Viviene, Ivan and Sara. Eternally grateful.

Date of stay: May 2015
1  Thank Maureen H
Reviewed 29 October 2014

We came to Prime Gemme by chance in early september 2014 - and it was the best choice we could make for our short holiday. We were travelling on a working vacation in a group of 4 adults with a toddler and we were already very peeved after three days in a car and a not-so-nice encounter in a 4 star hotel. At that point we were serching for a place to stay for a few days that wouldn't rob us blind. The price, great opinions and nice pictures persuaded us to book prime gemme online.
It turned out that the hosts, an italian couple, are most charming and very helpful, always looking to make your stay more comfortable and giving directions to where you can go.
Moreover the view is breathtaking and the villa itself is very clean, with a pretty, new and tasteful interior ( kept in the provencal style) and a fantastic stone and red windowstill front.
If you're in the area and looking to relax and enjoy this beautiful region then Prime Gemme should be your first choice.
A hint - the owners brother has his restaurant just down the road and it's the best food we ate on our weeklong trip.
An all together 6 star - it truly is a gem of a vacation destination:)

Room tip: the top floor on which we stayed is awesome, with high ceilings.
Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank DeeBee87
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Prime Gemme, Viviana, her husband & Pipo the cat made us feel very welcome and offered great advice on the area. The building is very pretty and set in a lovely location with amazing views over the vines and surround countryside. The rooms are spacious, light and comfortable - ours at the front had great views of both the mountains & the river. Breakfast was very tasty with homemade jam, pastries, fruit salad and a frequent supply of good coffee.
There is a great restaurant within a 5 minute walk of Prime Gemme with a lot more restaurants in the village which is a short drive away.
Prime Gemme is in a great location to explore the local area, Venice is just 45 minutes by train from a near by town and the Strada Del Prosecco is easily accessed along with the abundance of vineyards for tasting. Access from Treviso airport was very quick & easy.
The Prime Gemme Prosecco was actually some of the best Prosecco we tasted on our trip.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Prime Gemme is situated on the side of the Montello and is surrounded by vineyards. It is a nice 15-20 minute minute walk into Nervesa itself although some of it is along a road it isn't too busy, you can cut through the vines and walk along a country track for most of the way.

We used to visit Nervesa as a family and stayed in a house very similar to this so it brought back a lot of lovely memories.The rooms are beautifully prepared and each one has an amazing view. The Dolomites on the horizon with the vineyard in front was breathtaking.

Viviana and her husband were wonderful hosts and I loved the homemade ginger biscuits at breakfast. The Prosecco tasting was delicious and sitting outside and enjoying the view at the same time was brilliant.

Date of stay: April 2014