“Simply amazing”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool with a view Private Kitchen, Bar & Infinity
Watermelon & Feta
Mango Chicken
Sunset
Delivered to your door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Dayne A
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed 3 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

The Great Wall, Petra, Machu Picchu, the Taj Mahal… now add the majestic Ekhaya to the list of wonders of the world. My trip started with a pickup from Coron Town, which really set the tone for service we could expect during our stay. It all started with a private welcome from the owners son, Tommy. He was extremely cordial and friendly and more knowledgeable on Coron than Google. He really made me feel right at home.

We were then given a tour of the facilities and introduced to the staff. That was my first in what was to be a series of “wows”. The staff was extremely friendly, the restaurant very flexible (serving us delicious pizza despite our late arrival) and the chef deserves a special mention. Every meal I ate at Ekhaya was a culinary delight. I was shocked to find out the restaurant wasn’t staffed by a Michelin starred chef, but by the owner, Mel.

We were then showed to our room which and if the walls could speak, these ones would whisper “PERFECTION”. The room was fitted with the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on and are furnished and decorated to a very high standard. Toilets and bathrooms are modern and spotlessly clean, and the water pressure in the shower could cut glass. The air conditioning kept us comfortable and gave us respite from the tropical weather. Satellite TV and 42" screen, comfortable sofas, board games and books, there is no shortage of entertainment. The kitchen and fridge are well stocked with all the home comforts you can imagine.

As I made my way to the gorgeous infinity pool each day, Tommy cheerfully greeted me, walked me to the chair of my choice and set me up for my day of relaxation. With a touch of class, he made sure that he checked in with us frequently throughout the day to see if we needed anything. Words cant do the view from the pool justice. Lets just saya sunset photo from the infinity pool nearly broke my Instagram with over 15 likes.

There is nothing that I could offer to you in terms of improving my experience. It was PERFECT!! I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. It's a true example of excellent hospitality. Thank you again Ekhaya for going just that little step extra for the guests!!!

Culture66...
“No other place to stay while in busuanga,Coron”
Reviewed 14 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

The place is the best , the people are amazing and the food is incredible. If you want to experience a friendly ,safe and enjoyable stay no other resort comes in mind but Ekhaya. No need to say anything more you would know what I am talking about after you experience it your self. Have a great time guys. Thank you Melanie and Arnold for a wonderful time. Can’t wait to see you again.

Your age range 35-49
Andrew K
San Francisco, California
“Above and beyond convenient Coron experience”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Special thank you to the owners Mel and Arnold for their warm hospitality during our 8 person stay at Ekhaya. The property is truly beatiful and has an amazing view of the sunset and sunrise daily. Mel and the staff's cooking was remarkable and if you're staying here don't waste your time eating anywhere else - have them pack to-go meals for you as well if you're heading out for the day. You're not going to get a clean/safer and more delicious option anywhere else. The infinity pool is really relaxing both in the morning and at night after a day of site seeing. They can help arrange all day activities for pick-up right at Ekhaya which made things really convenient. The rooms themselves have comfortable beds and all the greatest amenities including AC. They even have a great wine selection! Do yourself a favor and if you're visiting Coron, make it an effort to stay here for an above and beyond experience.

NavinA89
“Ekhaya - An experience like no other”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My girlfriend and I (young couple) stayed at Ekhaya for 3 nights in late June 2017. Suffice to say, Ekhaya exceeded our expectations; our only regret being the short length of the stay.

Ekhaya is a small outfit run by a lovely couple (Mel and Arnold), who are assisted by a capable team, most notable of which are Jho and Wilfred. The Ekhaya team are extremely helpful and hospitable, with all our needs and wants attended to promptly. In fact, our trip was planned on a whim - I only contacted Ekhaya a mere week before our intended stay. Nevertheless, Ekhaya assisted with all the arrangements (from the tours to the transport arrangements), ensuring that we had a peace of mind the entire trip.

Our room at Ekhaya provided us an unforgettable view of the bay area; every night was a delight with a sky full of stars. The property has many little spots to sit back and unwind with a book in hand - my favourite spot was the hammocks by the sea where many hours were spent reading and taking everything in.

Do make it a point to get your food at Ekhaya too. Although pricier than what one would have paid in Coron town, the food was phenomenal (I would strongly recommend the South African curry, the lamb samosas, the Spanish Frittata, and the apple crumble).

In sum, I would recommend Ekhaya to anyone considering a bespoke travel experience in Coron / Busuanga. I certainly look forward to my next trip to Ekhaya!

Management Response
29 Jun 2017
Thank You Navin & karwei - it was a pleasure hosting such a nice couple and we hope to see you again soon. And thank you for appreciating our food. Thanks Ekhaya Team
emandelos
Singapore, Singapore
“Paradise in Busuanga Island”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

From the amazing view that wakes us every morning to a spectacular sunset that we looked forward to every afternoon. Everything was just nice plus the hospitality we recieved from Arnold, Mel and team Ekhaya made this a perfect holiday. Ekhaya arranged everything from boat, van, equipment and meal leaving nothing for us to worry about in touring coron and nearby islands.Highly recommended!

Management Response
30 May 2017
Hi Phen - thanks so much for your kind words & we are so happy that you had special time. Ekhaya is a special place in our hearts too & it was a pleasure hosting you & your husband. We hope to see you back again. Kind Regards Me & Ekhaya Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing