“Something for everyone & great menu”
Review of Hill Top Tap

Hill Top Tap
Ranked #80 of 112 Restaurants in Sidcup
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I have eating in the Hill Top Tap several times since it has opened. I have visited here drinking with friends also and have always been more than happy. The place looks amazing after its refurbishment. It's always clean & staff are always doing their best to clear tables & check the bathrooms. But if it's mental busy & the bar is six people deep you have to accept staff are not robots and try their best. Staff have always been pleasant & helpful. If ever I had an issue (very rare) the management were always happy to help and prompt. There's a warm & welcoming atmosphere. There is great deals on food & drink every night so you are spoiled for choice. Food menu is really great and I've enjoyed everything from burgers , steak , pizzas, desserts & Sunday Roasts! The lamb shank is amazing! They have a really great kids menu for the kids in our family & they always love their meals! It's a good venue all around be it watching the game with the boys, meeting the girls for cocktails, lunching with your work mates, Sunday roast with the family or a quiet pint and a crossword this place caters for it all!
Compared to the dirty wetherspoons down the road where food is stink & staff are rude , The Hill Top Tap is the place to go!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

i went here about two weeks ago,after seeing a friend that lives in the area.and was so glad i found it great food nice staff and a great welcome,i will be going back thank you for a lovely meal myself and my family enjoyed it

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Went here on a Saturday night with a couple of friends. Me and 1 of my friends both ordered the BBQ burnt ends focaccia. Both our meals were terribly small, it was as if they only had enough food left for one meal so they decided to cut it in half. Poor decisions by inexperienced chefs!
I understand it was a Saturday night and they was busy but this is no excuse for them to serve us such embarrassing portions.
I left a review on Facebook and the manager replied asking me to email them, I emailed them and got no reply. Then mysteriously my review disappeared.
Their customer service is obviously as bad as their cooking!!!
Also the music in there was deafening, could barely hear myself think!!
Be prepared for a 10 minute wait for a drink too whilst your waiting for the staff to finish texting and whatever other pointless stuff they are carrying out.

Would not revisit or recommend

Reviewed 25 March 2018

When this place reopened I finally thought, great, somewhere that caters for the younger audience in Sidcup. However, it has very quickly turned into every other pub on the highstreet, with football playing at every table and once again catering for the old man and rowdy bloke crew.
It's SUCH a shame because the menu is great, but I've walked in and walked straight back out the last 3 times I've been there because the sport was so loud I couldn't hear myself think.
This place needs to decide what it wants to be, cool social place for the younger market in Sidcup, or another old man sports pub, it can't be both.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank the staff for a wonderful visit I had here recently, wanted to take my Mum out for a Sunday lunch and after deciding on the Hill Top Tap, we had a great experience, warm friendly atmosphere and staff, got a great table at the back under a big screen with football on ;) Mum had the lamb shank which she said was lovely, I decided to forgo the usual Sunday lunch dishes and had a plate of 30 chicken wings with bourbon sauce! (I almost finished them!) I would highly recommend the tap.