“Afternoon High Tea”

Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Hawkhurst
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterside Cafe is situated at Hawkhurst Fish Farm, a complex set in the perfectly quiet location between the Kent and Sussex border. It is a landscaped venue which includes planted gardens, scenic waterfalls and hosts a wide variety of wildfowl from assorted parts of the world making it an oasis of tranquility and an abundance of picturesque features. Our balconied cafe which overlooks the complex, offers a selection of Freshly cooked homemade food and deserts including all days breakfasts, cream teas, lunches & more! With beautiful surroundings, a relaxed atmosphere, free ample parking & open 7 days a week! Waterside Cafe is a favorite among locals and holiday makers alike. There are also three junior coarse ponds for Fun Fishing for children and adults! With rods & nets available for hire - No license required! Our water bailiff will be happy to give you some hints & tips to get you catching!
Reviewed 25 September 2017

counter staff very friendly Waitress extremely helpful. Pleasant setting, however when the tea arrived the ham sandwiches the bread was stale the ham which were told was butcher ham was not it was the plastic type you get from the supper market. the scone was heavy but fresh, tea was nice and hot victoria sandwich cake ok.

Dawn W, Owner at Waterside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

I am sorry to read your review of our high tea. Our bread is delivered fresh daily by a local baker, our ham is indeed butcher's ham supplied by our local butcher, so I am mystified and disappointed by your comments. Our scones are very popular with our customers and again made freshly daily by my staff. I am glad the tea was nice and the Victoria sponge, again homemade on the premises was to your satisfaction. I wonder if you voiced your feedback to my staff when you were here? We would have been happy to try and rectify any dissatisfaction while you were still here.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

My husband and I have eaten several times at the Waterside Cafe and the last occasion with our son his wife and 3 grandchildren who live in France. The surroundings are beautiful, we enjoyed the food sitting outside overlooking the lake and seeing all the wildlife. We mainly had the smashed Avocado which was delicious, and the whole experience was delightful. We will definitely visit again and recommend this eatery highly.

Dawn W, Owner at Waterside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review of The Waterside Café. I am so pleased that you enjoy your visits here and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Beautiful views for breakfast IF you can ever get a table on the terrace. Breakfast are good and hearty, although the bacon is always very fatty.

Dawn W, Owner at Waterside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your review of our café and our breakfasts. During busy times our extensive outside seating area does become busy but we are quite happy to reserve a table for you if you give us call beforehand. I am pleased you find the breakfasts good but disappointed that you find the bacon fatty, we use quality bacon from a local butcher, I will pass on your feedback to my management staff. We look forward to welcominig and serving you again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We spoke to Louise and explained our wishes for this event , nothing was to much trouble , and they manage our party of 30 exceedingly well .the food was freshly cooked ( no waiting ) and delicious .Out of our 30 . none had been before , all said what a lovely setting , great service and no one had a complaint , I know a lot will return . Thank you to Louise and colleagues for a great day, many a good restaurant could not have given so much

2  Thank David H
Reviewed 30 August 2017

As we drove in I was not really expecting more than a basic caff - but we were very pleasantly surprised.

We had a mixture of cake and scones and jam with a pot of tea. All delicious and the setting is lovely.

We spoke to the lady who made the scones - she was lovely and friendly.

If you're in the area you must stop here!

1  Thank MargateRu