“Sunday breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Hawkhurst
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterside Cafe is situated at Hawkhurst Fish Farm, a complex set in the perfectly quiet location between the Kent and Sussex border. It is a landscaped venue which includes planted gardens, scenic waterfalls and hosts a wide variety of wildfowl from assorted parts of the world making it an oasis of tranquility and an abundance of picturesque features. Our balconied cafe which overlooks the complex, offers a selection of Freshly cooked homemade food and deserts including all days breakfasts, cream teas, lunches & more! With beautiful surroundings, a relaxed atmosphere, free ample parking & open 7 days a week! Waterside Cafe is a favorite among locals and holiday makers alike. Waterside Cafe is currently open from 9am until 4pm daily (Serving food until 3:30pm) There are also three junior coarse ponds for Fun Fishing for children and adults! With rods & nets available for hire - No license required! Our water bailiff will be happy to give you some hints & tips to get you catching! (CLOSED until 13th February 2016) Kent Tackle - Kent's best stocked Tackle & Bait shop! All Things Aquatic - a friendly, family run aquatic shop, specialising in Marine, Tropical and Pond Fish! & Slap n Dash - Paint your own ceramics, Make a bear, clay imprints & more are also situated on our complex!
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We called in here for a breakfast treat after watching my son complete the Bewl Water triathlon. The cafe is in a stunning location, we sat outside with gorgeous views over the lake. Ducks and all sorts of birds kept us amused.
The breakfast was very nice, our only complaint was that they wouldn't change a fried egg for a poached egg in their Big Breakfast. Found that a bit odd as most places ask you how you want your eggs cooked! They also forgot the toast that came with one of the breakfasts. Hubby was a bit disappointed that his coffee was a small one, there is no choice for size of coffee cup, think we've been spoilt by the likes of Costa and Starbucks!
Overall we really enjoyed the food and would recommend visiting for breakfast.

Dawn W, Owner at Waterside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review of our café - I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Our café is very busy as you will have seen and so to speed up the service we do not allow changes to the Big Breakfast as it is a 'set breakfast' as this causes delays, we are happy to serve poached eggs on toast but not as a 'swap'. In the past we have found that customers swapping items on the 'set breakfasts' causes delays at the till and in the kitchen and is to the detriment of the other customers. I hope you can understand. Apologies for the toast being forgotten, I hope this was rectified for you. The coffee cups are large I feel but we do not do a choice of sizes it is true. I am pleased you enjoyed your food and thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and son had arranged for us to have afternoon tea for my birthday. We were seated in a lovely spot outside next to the lake and the views are stunning. Afternoon tea consists of a choice of sandwiches, salad, crisps, a scone and a piece of cake from the selection on offer. Everything is freshly made the scones we had had just come out of the oven.
We didn't really look around but there are facilities to fish and several other shops on site. Plenty of parking spaces but it obviously gets busy so popular place to visit. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

What an incredible place. The food has always been excellent and great value.The atmosphere is unique and well worth a visit. Always really good friendly service.
We highly recommend it.

1  Thank anon418
Dawn W, Owner at Waterside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the trouble to write a positive review. I am so pleased you like our farm and café. I will pass on your comments to my staff - very much appreciated. Come back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My partner took me here on our Vespa and I was totally in love the moment I saw this little gem of a place! Food was outstanding and great value for money as for the cakes my taste buds salute and my waistline frowns..........lovely walk around the lakes after and have never seen so many carobs basking in the sun and when you eat on the waterside you can feed them as well as the greedy ducks I can not recommend this place enough

Dawn W, Owner at Waterside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our farm and café. I am so pleased you so enjoyed your visit and our cakes which are all home made here! Hope you'll get the Vespa out again and return soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Had a bad experience at a nearby pub so much so that we left hungry so decided to go somewhere we knew would be our saviour. Had banoffee pie which was devine. Lovely situation and great staff. Been here many times and always been very happy. Not forgetting the wildlife of course. A nice tranquil location in every way.

Dawn W, Owner at Waterside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

We are delighted that we saved the day for you all! Thank you for your kind review, we are so pleased that we met with your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.