“Wonderful”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of GITE LA COQUERIE

Gite La Coquerie with enclosed garden and parking
The sunroom The spacious salon with log burner
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
The sunroom
The spacious salon with log burner
The bedroom with comfortable bed, wardrobe, dressing table, bedside tables and chair
The separate kitchen
La Coqueries heated pool
The shower room and separate utility
The view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Claire A
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in July 2016

We stayed in the larger house and had a wonderful stay. The owners were lovely. Our daughters loved the garden and pool. The pool was stunning with beautiful views and a lovely area to sit in the shade, lots of pool toys. Tranquil area. We used the garden a lot. Anything we couldn't find, the lady let us know. Each room was beautiful and I liked that we didn't have a small set of rental equipment. The kitchen was wonderful. We liked the peace and quiet. Lovely beaches too. The bread and milk was great after a ferry trip.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
3 Jun 2017
Thank you so much Claire for your lovely review! It is very important to us that everyone has a lovely holiday and we try very hard to achieve that aim! We have introduced wifi boosters to improve reception as it seems wifi is very important these days!

It is lovely to hear everyone having a great time round the pool!

Thank you once again a little kindness goes a long way!
MTDancer2...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Worst Experience ever”
Reviewed 12 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Where do I start? We were greeted by the owner who did not introduce himself. He took us to the entrance to the give and said "the key is inside" He did not show us around the gite. He pointed vaguely at the pool and to our private garden.
The garden WAS private and very nice but the seats were cracked, the parasol was held up (not very high) with nails and the BBQ was awful.
Inside the dining area was very pleasant. The lounge was quite large with the oldest, smallest, TV I have ever seen but we don't watch TV whilst away so that did not bother us.
The kitchen was quite well equipped but very dirty. It does NOT have a fridge freezer, it has a fridge with a freezer drawer in it.
The oven gloves were worn and dangerous.
There was a nice welcome pack of butter, cheese, milk and bread.
The bedroom was awful, like a coffin. It has no outside windows and was very hot and stuffy and it smelt awful.
The toilet seat kept coming off and when my husband mentioned he had mended it (we only wanted them to be aware of it) we were told we were the only ones to have a problem with it.
When I asked about the internet I was told you had to stand by the microwave to get a connection and when I said they should not advertise it with a connection then the owner walked away from me saying she had had a busy day and could't be bothered!
We have since stayed in another give down a dirt track and the internet was great.
My husband had to ask for the hoover as there were a lot of cobwebs.
There were sockets hanging off the walls and the tourist info. dated back to 2010 with the latest being 2014.
In the end up we left and, to be fair, we did get a refund.
These people say they have been in hospitality for 17 years, I think they have given up

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
12 Sep 2016
The guests arrived after 2 days of travel and 4 hours sleep and were hostile from the start. The kitchen certainly was not dirty, we spent 4 hours thoroughly cleaning the entire gite! We are of the opinion that our guests like to find their own way round when they arrive,. The bedroom( which certainly does not smell awful!) is very comfortable and the windows open into the sunroom which has 2 large windows opening into the garden . The toilet seat is new this year and nobody else has had a problem with it before or since! We have wifi and internet connection
and there is a worktop (and now an office chair to use) The reason I walked away was because I was being verbally abused, the only words I uttered was " I am not listening to this" There are no sockets hanging off the walls, the electrics have all been checked this year by an electrician! The Gite had been completely hoovered out that day, how could there have been a lot of cobwebs? People stay with us year after year. We have had a couple from Essex who want to come back next year and took cards for all their Friends. Another couple have stayed 3 times and are coming back next year!
Our Guests happiness is paramount to us and we continuously ask if everything is alright for them!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing