“Kibris in Rochford”
Review of Lokanta Turkish

Lokanta Turkish
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Rochford
Price range: USD 7 - USD 33
Description: A piece of the Mediterranean in Rochford. Come join us at Lokanta Turkish for some sun kissed delights
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went here for lunch on the strength of rave reviews in tripadvisor. They are justified. The food and service are superb and whoever did the conversion and interior decoration deserves a medal all of their own.
There is a surprising quantity of tables outside which will be very nice in the summer if we ever get another one of those. Inside try to get a table near the front where you can watch planes, trains and automobiles.
The Jomiras recomend 'The Iman fainted' for starters and a very pleasant house wine from Turkey which goes well with seafood. Mrs Jomira enjoyed and excellent fillet of sea bass while Mr. Jomira made a mess with some enormous king prawns which alwasys taste better off your fingers of course.

Not chearp eats but thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Loved it here. I used to work in a Turkish Restaurant. Anatolian! Many of the meals I cook. Are replicated here. But improved on. Beautiful restaurant compared to the cafe it used to be. The answer to the next question is obvious. Yes. I'll be back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Booked this restaurant for my birthday meal as it was a new family run venture which I always support. The meal was booked for 22 people. I was very impressed with the service, all our main’s were delivered together and everything was lovely if your looking for a decent Traditional Turkish restaurant look no further as this restaurant delivers that. Will definitely be visiting again. Keep up the good work

1  Thank Cihanse3
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Me and my boyfriend found this hidden gem for our anniversary meal and I cannot fault it. Server left us enough time to decide what we wanted to order and did not rush us which we highly valued. Garlic bread and HUGE king prawns to start, both of which were large portions. Complimentary pitta and dip was served with our starters which was full of flavour. Mixed grill for my boyfriend and grilled chicken for myself. We were checked on 3 times throughout our time here to ensure we were satisfied, something which we rarely find when eating out now. The decor was very modern but had cultural touches which made us feel very welcomed. Large portions which was served piping hot just out of the grill which is an underrated aspect. Fresh and tender meat served with rice and salad. Would definitely recommend this little beauty, clean fresh food and outstanding service. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

There were seven of us for a family birthday meal and we all agreed the food was delicious. I had the halloumi to start which wasn't rubbery like I've had elsewhere - this is no doubt how it is meant to be cooked! I had a combination of lamb and chicken as my main and both were delicious and packed full of flavour. The lamb was lovely and moist and not at all dry. The complimentary breads and dips were also a good touch. Service was very good and the portion sizes were generous. The restaurant itself was beautiful and I'd like to come back in the summer and sit out on the terrace. All seven of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals and will definitely come back.