“Late lunch”
Review of The Country Park

The Country Park
Ranked #2 of 4 Hessle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Our 1st visit there for some years, and after the refurbishment. A very busy venue on a Thursday, but greeted by a smiling waitress and sat with a river view. After much deliberation we had a curry and a wrap, both served fairly quickly. The food was excellent and plentiful and very much enjoyed. It really is a pleasant venue and quite relaxing with friendly staff, Unfortunately we were too full to sample the puddings.

Room Tip: I believe accommodation is being built.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Today myself, sister and two daughters visited the Country Park pub. What an amazing setting!

We were however let down by the attitude of the manager.
I had ordered a chicken caesar salad and started eating the meal which was fine until i got further down to the anchovies. I started to crunch and they were really salty, which they can be. But i said to my daughter i feel i have a mouth of gritty sand. I ate a bit more, but had to spit it out as the crunch was getting worse ( i thought it was rock salt) i then looked closer and there were small chunks of black bits. The waiter brought the chef, who imediately said it was mud from the lettuce He sent the manager who took it to investigate in the kitchen. He then returned saying it definately hadn't come from their kitchen. To this my daughter became annoyed and said what are you insinuating? He kept saying it hadn't come from their kitchen. I said i haven't moved....are you saying i put it in?
We went inside and my daugter asked the managers name ( which was sid) he said if we complained he would say my daughter had raised her voice. (Which she did, but with good reason) .
The chef changed his story and said he hadn't said it was mud.
All we wanted was a genuine apology!!! And a refund for my meal.
I did get a refund, but after all that confrontation!!
Very dissapointed as we would have loved to return there.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 26 May 2017

A beautiful place to eat in a wonderful location on the banks of the Humber. The little ice cream van outside the entrance is a lovely touch.
Our food was very well presented and we didn't have long to wait. Our granddaughter loved her kid's pepperoni pizza with skinny fries. Husband opted for calamari with salad and skinny fries too. I opted for gammon with all the trimmings, very tasty, BUT ... PLEASE do something about how your chunky chips are cooked. For the second time the chips were soggy and turned to mush when cut with a knife.
This was so disappointing considering the good quality of the rest of my dish. We will go again as everything else was so good ... but I won't be ordering chips!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

If you are thinking of holding an event here, don't. They cancelled our event at short notice and lied about the reasons for doing so leaving us with a huge bill to cover for replacing all our advertising posters and flyers. Very unprofessional and not to be trusted.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank lhallstockton
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I organised and hosted an awards evening for 45 people here this weekend. My liaison at the venue was very clear and organised and everything I asked for was tailored to suit my event.

During the night itself the staff couldn't do enough for us. They helped us set up for a presentation and the room itself looked so lovely with how they'd set everything out. Food and service were excellent. At the end of the night the staff even helped us pack all our sound equipment away and carry it out to our cars.

The group I am in charge of host this awards evening annually and after trying Country Park for the first time we have every intention of returning next year.

Would highly recommend for all functions and events.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hessle
3.1 km away
Village Hotel Club Hull
Village Hotel Club Hull
#4 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull
0.8 km away
Premier Inn Hull West Hotel
0.8 km away
Redcliffe House Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Country Park? Share your experiences!