“superb tranquility !”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Seririt
Singapore, Singapore
“superb tranquility !”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

If one needs an escape from the crowd for a non-touristy, non-commercialized spot in Bali, head straight to ZEN RESORT @ North Bali ! I'd an extremely satisfying experience of tranquility, "R R R" (rest, relax and rejuvenation) from 31mar to 6april2012. Even the booking of my stay via email correspondence plus my 5-day "customized' ayurvedic program were efficiently arranged without hiccups. Thanks to Ms Budiani. I was so well-taken care right from my late check-in at almost mid-night on that Saturday until my departure that happened to be the "birthday (=anniversary) of the Resort". I knew I was in the "safe-hands" of Komang, the driver who reassured me that their guests' safety is the Resort's utmost concern. It took me about 3 hours on the road from Denpasar Airport to ZEN. Upon arrival at the Resort, I was warmly received and greeted by Dr Mahendra, owner of the Resort. Dr Mahendra left a deep impression on me that the Resort would not compromise guest hospitality in the late hours of the night. In the first morning of my stay, Mr Suresh, the ayurvedic master from Kerala went through my preliminary program personally and modified it according to my dosha (3 types - vata pitta and kapha). Besides the full range of ayurvedic treatments administered by 2 therapists most of the time with great coordination, one could also opt for sightseeing of the nearby temples, waterfalls, etc. and not to forget the dolphin-watch out in the open North Bali Sea before sunrise at about 5am and the guided dives for the first-timers. As I 'd booked the 5-day of comprehensive ayurvedic treatments in advance, I didn't have the opportunity to leave the Resort at all. But no regrets, I was so indulged in the massages/treatments throughout the 5 mornings and afternoons. I was pampered much by Mr Suresh and his caring and friendly staff @ the Spa. The lady therapists were very skillful with their hands and feets that my body fatigue and stiffness were gone at the end of the program. oops ! I forgot I took my maiden 3 yoga lessons @ ZEN RESORT which were not planned at all. I was encouraged by Mr Suresh's "disciple" (sorry I'd have forgotten her name) that I sacrificed my sleep to get up as early as 7am to "loosen my body joints". I would like to compliment the staff of the restaurant @ the poolside. They were attentive even right to the point that they knew which seating/table was my "favorite" for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I enjoyed every meal, every conversation by the poolside and its surroundings - the garden lizard that has a "special diet", bread crumbs joined us as well. The entire Resort makes one feels at home - the staff were so endearing and warm.
On the last day when the Resort celebrated its birthday, I was priviledged to join the Resort and its staff in their festive celebration for a short while. I wish ZEN RESORT many, many more years of prosperous operations and sustainable growth and excellent quality guest services ! Last but not least, thanks to the driver who had to go through the rush-hour traffic with some degree of stress just to ensure that I was in time for the out-bound flight back home.
Thank You very much, the Management and Staff of ZEN RESORT for the relaxing stay, nice & healthy meals and the "packed" ayurvedic program which really rejuvenated me !

warmest greetings from Singapore, cynthia pang

p.s. Dr Mahendra, apologies for this long delayed posting of my comments.

Room Tip: go for the sunrise villas.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cynpang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Indonesian first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was at the Zen Resort for only 2 days in mid-April. My mistake. I will make it a point to stay for 2 weeks next time. My 18 year-old daughter, normally a late riser, became an instant convert to early morning yoga and meditation under the gentle tutelage of a superb instructor. The staff are unfailingly kind and service-oriented in typical Balinese fashion. The food was excellent.
Apart from quiet and rejuvenation, this is also a good place to go scuba diving or snorkeling. Well qualified instructors for both are available on site.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Aviott J
Zuerich
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Zen is a magical place... a place where you can leave everything behind... just relax... enjoy nature... wonderful food... yoga..... wellness.... The staff is extremely friendly and caring.... We will never forget these days we have spent at Zen Resort and we would love to come back one day! Gabriela & Anja

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Idaho Falls
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is an indescribeably wonderful place to go rejuvinate. The staff were all so courteous and helpful. They all greeeted you with genuine smiles and sincere attention.The accomadations were perfect. They were clean, very comfortabe, and had very nice high thread count sheets. The treatments were out of this world... I highly reccomend getting the all inclusive package. They give you a schedule of treatments specified for your needs and you will come home a changed person. Heaven is the only thing I can say that even comes close to descibing this place!

Room Tip: I advise you to sign up the sunrise meditation. It is an absolute perfect way to start the day. Y...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We have stayed in the Seririt area near Lovina for two months renting private villa and had massages in several Spas in the area. Zen Resort was the ultimate winner! We ended up going there many times as no other spa in the area came even close to their level of service and professionalism. We are all adults in our 50s had different treatments and many different massages. We like them all! The best one men liked was massage given by two therapists, and Ayurvedic treatment was the #1 choice for the lady. Warning the Thai massage is for the person in good physical shape! We always had a lunch or some snack after our treatments in the pretty setting of the small but cosy restaurant near the pool. Staff of Zen spa is incredible, we felt always so welcomed and spoiled there! The only suggestion we have is to make this place more accesible for mobility restricted people. We had difficulty to bring my dad to this place, even he was given a very professional massage given his condition. I definitely recommend anybody who is visiting North Bali to go for a massage or other treatment at Zen Spa, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank creativemadam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seririt
14.2 km away
1.1 km away
Mayo Resort
Mayo Resort
#2 of 2 in Seririt

Been to Zen Resort Bali? Share your experiences!