“Overpriced for what they offer”

Hotel Hacienda Casa Grande
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Rivas
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped by on our way to San Juan del Sur to grab lunch, and it was the biggest regret of our trip. The atmosphere is really nice, great music, cute little fountains all around. We were very pleased with the offering as well, I ordered shrimp, and my father choose the steak (rib eye). Both the dishes were horrendous. The shrimp had a strong fishy taste, I believe it was not fresh, but I said to myself that it is my fault, why do I have to order seafood with no sea nearby? But the steak was cooked terribly wrong as well, the meat was fatty and chewy, it was impossible to cut it with the knife, and even the taste was off. We stopped here because of the great reviews this place had and I really don’t understand if we were just really unlucky with our choices or the people reviewing this restaurant just have poor expectations. I would suggest to all the passerby’s to go to Rivas to grab something, you will have a nicer meal for much cheaper. Real disappointment, avoid this place!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My family has enjoyed numerous excellent meals at this wonderful restaurant since discovering it a few months back. The ambiance is surprisingly quiet and relaxing, complemented by some very impressive landscaping. My wife enjoys the sangria here, while I prefer their selection of craft beers to complement the meals. The service is always impressive, provided by people who are eager to help you enjoy your dining experience. We have never encountered large crowds here, so this gem of a restaurant qualifies as a well-kept secret - for now.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Ever wanted to live in your own cattle ranch? Between the Pacific Ocean and Lake Nicaragua, right in front of the lagoon, there is an oasis called Hotel Hacienda Casa Grande. Steak made right and accommodations that leave nothing to be desired. First class service for everyone plus nature, horseback riding, hiking this amazing big ranch, enjoying its waterfall pool, koi pond, gardens, forests is everything you wished it could be. Best part is the price, couples get their own room and breakfast for as little as $50!!! Unbelievable! Enjoy...

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We stayed here during the Christmas holiday with our three children. Beautiful place with horseback riding, koi pond, outside seating, mini zoo, air conditioning and friendly staff.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

inexpensive, delicious and pleasant for everyone. A great place for families. They have a lot of amenities but the tranquil atmosphere makes you feel like you are in an oasis. Cool Koi Creek & Pond too.

2  Thank Lee J