Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MU67
Surfers Paradise, Australia

Good meal, great view.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 July 2017
My wife and I came here for lunch last weekend. Firstly the place was very busy with birthday parties etc. We sat outside and took in the amazing views this alone is well worth the trip.
We both had steaks for lunch and both were cooked perfectly as ordered, the meal was a good size and we both really enjoyed the steaks. The meals came out promptly after ordering which was great considering how many people were in the hotel ordering lunch, I thought we would have a long wait but we didn't. Service was friendly and efficient from the staff we dealt with. I would certainly go back again.
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
      AU$235
      AU$238
    3.8 km from Eagle Heights Mountain Resort
    Free parking
    vue extérieure de la façade du Chalet
    AU$280
      AU$246
      AU$230
    4.8 km from Eagle Heights Mountain Resort
    • Tripadvisor
    5.1 km from Eagle Heights Mountain Resort
    View more hotels in Wongawallan
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Been here before, went again and will be back. Took my Mum & Dad here for lunch as I knew it was a good feed and always a great view. Staff are always nice and food is reasonably priced. Don't miss out, always worth a visit on the way past.

Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff . Excellent views overlooking the Gold Coast from a beautiful beer garden . Well worth a stop

I had a chicken Parma and chips for lunch ,generous serving , reasonable priced but unfortunately the wait was too long

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Perched on the edge of the hill,, you have views all the way to Surfers Paradise and Coolangatta. The rooms were renovated and are a good size, and have a kitchenette and balcony. The bed is comfortable. There's an on-site restaurant and tennis court, and heli-pad.... we didn't need that! They hold weddings and sometimes people fly the Bride in!! The staff are all friendly and helpful and the location is only half an hour from the beach. But just a 7 minute drive and you have icing Tamborine mountain "Gallery Walk" shops and restaurants. We've been before and love the wild life, peace and quiet and cool mountain air.

Room tip: We like the upper floor away from reception.
    Date of stay: June 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 3 May 2017

Room was clean which is my primary concern. The facilities are okay, nothing especially noteworthy. The appeal is the view and the view is fabulous (we had a room facing the Gold Coast). Spent one night there on a company retreat so can't really comment on value for price paid, but I would have to assume it's reasonably priced.

Room tip: View of the Gold Coast is great, I think 2nd level room is better than ground floor
    Date of stay: April 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 26 April 2017

We had the Tuscany Suite booked as a Surprise Birthday Getaway from my parents. After a long drive (with a few breakdowns) we arrived at our destination. However unlike the 'lovely resort, and incredible room' that my mum was promised over the phone, driving into the Eagle Heights Mountain 'resort' felt like we were pulling into a cheap football club.

'It isn't much on the outside, but wait until you see the room!' the receptionist had promised my mum. We arrived and were greeted by a friendly man who instructed us where our room was. We were told that we were to get champagne on arrival yet we had to ask for that. I kept a positive outlook though when i saw that my mum had paid $310 for our stay- for that price it must be good!

When walking to our room, we couldn't help but notice how cheap the entire place looked, with rickety handrails and terrible old green and orange plastic stickers on the doors and all!

Our room decor continued this disappointing trend (if you could call it a trend). We had booked a spa deluxe room but the bathroom was old and distasteful, the bed was sunken and covered with an equally mismatched quilt. There were two old wicker chairs and a small wicker table in the corner and some curtains draped over the window. We were promised 'spectacular views of the Gold Coast skyline', and while the view was quite nice, the 1 meter wide balcony on which you stood to view the skyline was far from inviting or comfortable.

After being so disappointed with the hotel (and seeing how much my poor mum had paid as we arrived) we didn't even put our bags down- there was no way we were sleeping in that bed!

We met the helpful man downstairs who agreed with us when we said we were both unhappy. He didn't offer us another room, instead he suggested that there were other hotels in the area. He also apologised, agreeing that the rooms were old and run down and explained that the owner wouldn't spend any money on the place. He felt so bad that he gave us a bottle of wine and ensured that we would be refunded the following day when management were there.

We were not refunded. Instead, we had countless phone calls to the 'manager' who went on to tell us that the manager had left last year and had not been replaced. They would not tell us their cancellation policy and instead told us that we would be contacted by the owner who was on long service leave, at a time convenient for her.

Days later, we made more phone calls hoping to get the 50% reimbursement that my mum was legally entitled to according to their cancellation policy. We also requested that my mum was rebated the cost of the additional buffet breakfasts that she had paid for for us. Again, we were told that the owner would phone us back- surprise surprise she never did.

4 days after the booking, my mum was called and was told that there were fake bookings made over the weekend and that it was my partner and I making those bookings. This allegation alone had me furious! She was also told that there would be NO refund and that they would only offer her a credit of one night's accommodation. They also said that my partner and I were never welcomed back.

All in all, if there was an option for negative stars then that would be my selection! In saying that, one star must go to the free bottle of wine that we enjoyed in the comfort of our own bed that night.

Room tip: don't do it
    Date of stay: April 2017