All reviewssteep hillbreakfast roomkippersguest housefirst floorart schoolminack theatrethe ownergreat breakfastmounts baywarm welcomemichaels mountview from the dining roomfantastic placelarge car parkplenty of parkingadded bonus
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a friends 60th birthday weekend where we all ( 7 of us) stayed with Rob and Lynda at the Panorama Guest House. Exceptionally welcoming, clean, tidy and lovely touches like a cafetière in the room and a couple of fresh chocolates every day. Rob’s breakfast was awesome and the fresh coffee and toast just kept coming for as long as we wanted it. Lovely hospitality and very welcoming to motorbikes and cars alike (Rob has a few bikes himself!). The Meadery is at the bottom of the hill and you can work off a meal and a few gallons of blackberry Meade (recommended) by walking back up (but you may need oxygen and paramedics when you reach halfway!!). Mousehole is also only a 30 minute stroll away. All in all we couldn’t ask for more. We stayed with them 5 years ago, and won’t leave it so long until we do so again. Thanks Rob and Lynda, you were fantastic.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Nice few nights, made more than welcome & the place certainly has changed for the better in their hands since my last visit quite a long time ago.
The scrambled eggs & salmon for breakfast really were good, maybe next time i'll try the kippers :-)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I've been doing a charity walk from Dungeness to Lands End. For the last two nights of this I stayed at the Panorama. I arrived quite late, the room was clean and comfortable and after a huge downpour the hot shower was very welcome.
The breakfast was fantastic and the view from the dining room across Mounts Bay was really special.
The couple running the Guesthouse are very friendly and welcoming and I was shocked to discover that Rob comes from the next village to where I live.
When they discovered what I was doing, they were both so supportive, a much needed boost after walking through the rain from St Austell!
One word of warning, the views come at a cost, a long walk up the hill from Newlyn harbour!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here this month , in the family room. A double and separate room with bunk beds.
The rooms were lovely. Very clean with lovely little attention to detail. Loads of storage space an very well thought out.
The children's room had bunk beds a single and still room for a travel cot. Such a lovely space and fantastic views.
I would highly recommend and would definitely return if I'm ever back in Cornwall.
There's so much to offer here. Board games, stacks of DVDs ,a delightful book wall and so much information . Do much I could list
The breakfasts were delicious and the owners very welcoming
Thanku for having us your bed and breakfast was outstanding

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Lynda B, Owner at Panorama Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review; it is much appreciated. We are very pleased that you all enjoyed yourselves so much and had such a comfortable stay. We are sure that your comments will be helpful to other families who might be thinking of coming to stay with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here often when I visit my Dad in Penzance. The Panorama is reliably good. Clean, comfortable and a good choice of food for breakfast. Very welcoming and helpful hosts. I've stayed in lots of places in Newlyn and Penzance over the past 30 years and this by far the best. Added bonus is they have their own car park which makes life so much easier.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Lynda B, Owner at Panorama Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely review Kathy. It is great to know that you always enjoy your stay. We always look forward to seeing you - and the rest of your family - even when sometimes it is not under the best of circumstances!