“Superb ”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy a fine dining experience in relaxed surroundings located close to Norwich in the South Norfolk village of Stoke Holy Cross. Brought to you by Chef Patron Daniel Smith from the Ingham Swan. The regularly changing, seasonal and local sourced menu includes dishes like: Salad of Cromer Crab with garlic crab claw, crispy crab cake, cockle popcorn & nasturtium salad to start and to follow Duo of Essex Lamb with baked lamb loin, crispy lamb breast, fondant potato, confit beetroot & buttered broad beans to finish a Double Chocolate Maquise with amaretto mousse,coffee ice cream and praline tuile. All this is complemented by an impressive wine list with wines from all over the world, a good selection of Beers and very efficient service.
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Been twice for dinner in past two months - first time with my in-laws for a 65th birthday and last weekend for a romantic dinner with my partner.

Both were amazing food, wine and service.

The best bit was I was treated both times :)

Definitely returning and table is already booked!

1  Thank Bikini999
Browniestalham, Manager at The Wildebeest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you for reviewing The Wildebeest on TripAdvisor and what a fantastic review aswell!
We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your past two dining experiences with us, and the best bit was that you got treated on both occasions, cant argue with that!
We look forward to seeing you in the near future, for another treat maybe.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Although my family have been going to this restaurant for many years the staff never fail to amaze!!
These wonderful people had to put with 21 of us on Sunday and I can honestly say that the food and service was excellent, not an easy task when there are so many in the party!!
We visited again today, only 3 of us this time and it was out of this world!!
Thank you all for making my birthday so special, looking forward to the tasting menu 27/07!!

1  Thank _leannelanza

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with such a kind review on TripAdvisor.
We always look forward to the big family gatherings, and to the small ones as well. What a weekend you had twice in three days!
You lovely comments have been passed on to both the kitchen and Front of House staff, we all look forward to seeing you and the family again very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I booked a table at this restaurant as it was my husband's Birthday, we had high expectations.We were disappointed. The service was slow, a minor thing but we had a wobbly table but that was rectified. The food was okay but quite tasteless and in fact I can't remember what I ate (fish I think) and can't remember what my husband ate. It is very expensive for what we received. Personally I would not revisit, I eat out a great deal and felt in comparison with some of the restaurants I eat at this did not live up to expectations. Save your money and go to another restaurant.

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
We are very disappointed that your meal didn't live up to expectations, and that you cant remember what you ate on the day to be able to give us the feedback we need to be able to improve our offering.
We are sorry to hear that you wont be returning, but maybe in the future you will decide to give us another try.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I had been thinking of trying this restaurant for a while having heard good things about it, so I decided to go there for a treat for my birthday. We were greeted immediately by very warm and friendly staff, and made to feel genuinely welcome. The interior decor is ‘minimalist’ in style, but it is tasteful and uncluttered, and it works, creating a really relaxing feel. The food was really top class. Everything was beautifully presented, perfectly seasoned, and absolutely delicious. Sincere thanks to the chef(s), you guys are really at the top of your game. I’ve eaten in many establishments that would purport to be high end fine dining, but have frequently been left with some feelings of disappointment. I had no such feelings about my experience at the Wildebeast. This place really delivers. All the staff, from front of house to the chefs in my opinion are truly skilled and professional, just keep doing what you’re doing. The Wildebeast deserves to continue to successful, and I am already looking forward to my next visit, and to many more in the future.

Thank you for leaving us with such a promising review here on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy that you decided to come and celebrate your birthday with us, its always a hard decision to make for a special occasion. your very kind words have been passed onto the whole team here at The Wildebeest and we truly enjoy hearing that our hard work pays off.

We aim to create a relaxed fine dining atmosphere, the chefs use only the best locally sourced fresh produce, and the front of house regularly receive training to keep up standards of expectations.

We look forwards to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

We booked a week in Mundersley in Norfolk and tried to book The Swan at Ingram as it was our favourite when we came to Norfolk before but was very sad to hear that it had burnt down. So I saw this restaurant on the Swan’s website and madly did a 2 hour trip to get there and back. Thankfully we were not disappointed. All the staff were lovely to us we could not fault them very attentive but not over the top. Food is beautifully presented and tastes wonderful too. We had the lobster starters and my husband had the fillet of beef which was to die for! My dessert was delicious and the cheese board was generous and what a lovely selection of cheeses. Would highly recommend you visit if in the Norwich area. Looking forward to visiting the Swan when it is rebuilt.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a great review on tripadvisor.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Wildebeest dining experience as much as you did the swan, and that you decided to give us a try. The lobster starter is a very popular dish so we are very glad to hear how much it was enjoyed.
We hope to see you again before the Re-Opening of The Ingham Swan, however this wont be such a long wait for you....