“Dissapointing”
Review of Hanul Domnesc

Hanul Domnesc
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Targu Jiu
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I ordered something and I got something else. I asked for boiled potatoes and I was told they didn't have them, instead I got different potatoes. Ok, I accepted this. I asked for grilled ribs and I got them fried. I told this to the waitress and it didn't change anything. The food is good, but you order something and you get something else ... Dissapointing

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

An absolutely outstanding, welcoming restaurant offering authentic delicious Romanian cuisine. We were taken by some great Romanian friends who assured us that the food was all traditional. The mains and the desserts are both like nothing you'll ever of experienced growing up in the UK or a western nation - but all so lovely! Glad to have been, will visit again if in Targu Jiu

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I am a bit confused here. Based on good recommendations from TripAdvisor, we decided to have lunch at Hanul Domnesc in Targu Jiu. We were passing by on our way from Hunedoara to Horezu. We went to strada Victoriei 116, and found a small place called Hanul Domnesc. It was self service restaurant, unappealing from the entrance. The food displayed was unappealing too. However, being in a hurry, we decided to eat there. What a mistake! Absolutely horrible food. And on top of it all, the only staff there, after removing the left overs from the tables, SHE PUT THEM BACK IN THE SERVING DISHES!
So I am totally confused. All the other reviews describe a nice place, but what I found was the opposite. It beats me!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Cartofi domnesti...potatoes with fairy dust:) I seldom go there to visit,when I do I eat cartofi domnesti

Reviewed 19 January 2017

We went to this restaurant per our friends recommendation, as they live in Tg Jiu, and since We've also seen a couple of very good reviews We said to give it a try.

Well, the only good part was that the prices were more than OK, but the food itself was average, maybe a little bit below average. Portions were good in size, but nothing really special with the food, and lack of taste.

I had pork leg with cabbage which was fade in taste but the price was 21 lei, which is rather small for this kind of product.
A friend had pork steak on grilled, which was not on grill, it was rather fried in a pan.
Another friend had chicken with cream sauce and mushrooms which had no taste at all.
And another friend had chicken with Gorgonzola and ham which was decent. Indeed the "house potatoes" were very good, but this is not a good thing that the side dish was better than the actual dish.

Anyways, for the price the food was acceptable, but I will not return

1  Thank Ciprian C