Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Iain D
Sandgerdi, Iceland

Beyond Disappointing

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 June 2022via mobile
This lovely looking resort is quite unique in the area so we gave the higher prices restaraunt a try.. the manager/host was lovely and charming , made our order after one hour the first meal arrived my boys burger with a cheese slice on , he was happy enough .. my wife said her food was targeted towards tourist a little bland and overpriced .. my food wow sirloin steak medium rare , it was never a sirloin steak and was overdone dry with uncooked vegetables .. ive read really good reviews so not sure if it's a new chef but the food and service overall was very bad.. if was by far the most expensive and poorest meal we had on railay , went for a treat and felt tricked
Date of stay: June 2022
    AU$30
  • Vio.com
0.2 km from Avatar Railay Krabi
View more hotels in Railay Beach
All reviews pool access beach bag minute walk fresh fruit pier railay monkeys thailand daybed pros boats
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2022

I loved Avatar, and had the perfect stay. The room had a porch with a daybed that you could step straight into the pool from. The room was perfectly clean, good air-con and comfortable space. There's often monkeys around the area so be careful with food... But the staff were friendly and helpful, and most nights there was a singer out in the bar area.

The Restaurant was pretty poor, so i wouldn't recommend eating here. But there's lots of great restaurants a short walk away.

All in all it was a great stay, and if i'm ever in Railay again i'd 100% stay here!

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 28 January 2022 via mobile

Of all the places I have stayed in Thailand this place is the worst. The most unfriendly place and the service is terrible. Although the room was nice we found dirty sheets in a basket …. Our coffee items were never replaced for the 5 days we stayed… even our used coffee mugs and glasses were never replaced.. basically sat on the table the whole time. The pool was dirty and never seen anyone cleaning. The service in the restaurant was terrible (breakfast had hardly any food and what was there was cold) the waitresses were more involved on their phones than dealing with customers. The front desk staff were useless when we asked for direction or recommendations. Spend your money elsewhere in Railay as we met many friends staying elsewhere and they all had nothing good to say about their properties. Also it stated it was an adults only resort but pool was full of kids.

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank Travelbug6766
Reviewed 29 December 2021 via mobile

Much like the most recent review of avatar - AVOID!!

The room we had was lovely, my partner very kindly reserved a lovely suite with a private pool however the loveliness ended there.
Whilst the room itself was good, there was a window that was broken and couldn’t be shut letting in mosquitoes and flies throughout the day and night.

The issues really began to show when the following morning after arriving we got up for sunrise and went to breakfast early. There was already NO FOOD. This became a theme throughout the 4 night stay turning dining into a competitive sport every morning. The food that was then placed in the buffet trays was cold (once every 20 minutes and ran out after 5).

We appreciate everyone is getting back into the swing of tourism after the last two years however, being made to feel resented is fairly inexcusable for a hotel. Often when asking politely for more food we either received a noise of acknowledgement, an exasperated stare, ignored or even lied to. The fact the kitchen staff and waitresses were actually spending more time chatting to neighbours or eating in the street only exacerbate the issue.

Sadly the maid service doesn’t come until late in the afternoon leaving you a bit in the lurches on when to vacant the premises. It is also important to note that the hotel does not or will not support you to arrange transfer to onward destinations.

All in all for the sheer cost of the hotel it was throughly disappointing. Railay is lovely but spend your money somewhere that will appreciate it like Ko Lanta or where you’ll get better value for an expensive stay!!

Room tip: Probably stay elsewhere or definitely eat elsewhere!!
Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 10 November 2021

Disgusting place!
I booked here three nights for my wife and I and I had to leave the hotel after the first night! I definitely recommend for everyone to avoid this place. We arrived to the hotel and staff was unhelpful, the answer for every question was: "I do not know that". Not friendly at all. The email replies or messages took several days and sometimes never came.
The outside of the hotel was dirty and unkempt. The room was disgusting. There were hairs everywhere from other guests, the sink still had toothpaste from previous guests, it was dark and generally not well clean. Then the worst came when I had to kill several cockroaches on the same day.
The next morning the breakfast was poor and everything was dirty, dust everywhere and for your own sake, do not look inside the kitchen, filthy! Also we saw the laundry room as it had the door opened and the same thing, dirty dirty dirty!
When I told all this concerns to the receptionist the answer was: "I can not do anything for you, if you have a problem contact Booking.com". I left the hotel and they refused to give me the money back for the following two nights.
I contact booking.com after this and explained the situation and they helped me getting the two following nights the money back.
I definitely can say this "hotel" is disgusting and a big waste of your money!

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

I may be selfish saying this but I loved Railay Beach as it is now. I do feel so bad seeing all the closed and abandoned businesses and those that are opened barely scraping by.
Staying at Avatar was great choice for its value. Promo was pay 2 nights and get a free night at equivalent value of 600 baht a night with 2 day's breakfast .When I extended an extra 2 nights via Agoda I made a mistake an unable to change the dates via Agoda website. The front desk staff Ms Gan was able to sort that out for me without additional cost and fuss and for her help I am very happy.
Breakfast was plentiful and the restaurant staff even obliged to pack my breakfast for my fishing trip one day.
Just be careful not to let your balcony door open cos the naughty monkeys will try to steal things.
All in was a great stay and I would have given 5 stars but the housekeeping was a bit lacking but not a big issue for me.
I stayed from 27 Sept to 2 Oct 2021 and will be back again hooefully soon.

Room tip: Parking at Aonamao Pier cost 100 baht per day. Current rules need to be fully vaccinated and a recent PCR/Antigen test. Beware of the monkeys.
Date of stay: September 2021