Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ana S
Porto, Porto, Portugal

AVOID!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Nov 2021
Disgusting place!
I booked here three nights for my wife and I and I had to leave the hotel after the first night! I definitely recommend for everyone to avoid this place. We arrived to the hotel and staff was unhelpful, the answer for every question was: "I do not know that". Not friendly at all. The email replies or messages took several days and sometimes never came.
The outside of the hotel was dirty and unkempt. The room was disgusting. There were hairs everywhere from other guests, the sink still had toothpaste from previous guests, it was dark and generally not well clean. Then the worst came when I had to kill several cockroaches on the same day.
The next morning the breakfast was poor and everything was dirty, dust everywhere and for your own sake, do not look inside the kitchen, filthy! Also we saw the laundry room as it had the door opened and the same thing, dirty dirty dirty!
When I told all this concerns to the receptionist the answer was: "I can not do anything for you, if you have a problem contact Booking.com". I left the hotel and they refused to give me the money back for the following two nights.
I contact booking.com after this and explained the situation and they helped me getting the two following nights the money back.
I definitely can say this "hotel" is disgusting and a big waste of your money!
Date of stay: November 2021
  • StayForLong
  • eDreams
0.8 km from Avatar Railay Krabi
View more hotels in Railay Beach
All reviews pool access beach bag minute walk fresh fruit pier railay monkeys thailand daybed pros boats
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

I may be selfish saying this but I loved Railay Beach as it is now. I do feel so bad seeing all the closed and abandoned businesses and those that are opened barely scraping by.
Staying at Avatar was great choice for its value. Promo was pay 2 nights and get a free night at equivalent value of 600 baht a night with 2 day's breakfast .When I extended an extra 2 nights via Agoda I made a mistake an unable to change the dates via Agoda website. The front desk staff Ms Gan was able to sort that out for me without additional cost and fuss and for her help I am very happy.
Breakfast was plentiful and the restaurant staff even obliged to pack my breakfast for my fishing trip one day.
Just be careful not to let your balcony door open cos the naughty monkeys will try to steal things.
All in was a great stay and I would have given 5 stars but the housekeeping was a bit lacking but not a big issue for me.
I stayed from 27 Sept to 2 Oct 2021 and will be back again hooefully soon.

Room tip: Parking at Aonamao Pier cost 100 baht per day. Current rules need to be fully vaccinated and a recent PCR/Antigen test. Beware of the monkeys.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2021

Lovely hotel that's doing its utmost to stay open despite COVID restrictions. My villa room was excellent and very comfortable, and I loved the massive bed on the balcony to lounge on during the day. (The monkeys are pretty scary first thing in the morning when they're all over the place. I watched them from the safety of my room.) The price was excellent to attract people during COVID. Useful to be able to get there and back from Ao Nam Mao Pier on the hotel's boat which ran a few times a day. Enough places are open in the area to get food and snacks.

The only downsides were not being able to use the pool until 10 a.m., and kids running around the place when it's advertised in several places as being adult only.

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank KimGales
Reviewed 22 February 2021

Stayed in the 'villa' for almost two weeks. The place is a dream. Room is very spacious and tastefully furnished, yet modern. The huge day bed on the wrap around balcony was great for relaxing and watching the monkeys. The whole place has a dreamy and serene, very romantic atmosphere, especially at night. The restaurant is great. During COVID, not many restaurants are open. This place serves great food and the wine is reasonably priced. The staff were super nice, smiley and friendly, they went out of their way to make my stay as perfect as possible. They even brought a big desk to my room, so I could work. The whole place is very well maintained. It was a real pleasure to stay. Very good internet. Thank you Avatar. You made my weeks...

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank TravelTigers
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

We had a lovely time staying at Avatar, the hotel is centrally located; a few steps from the pier and a few minutes walk to the walking street ( where most of the restaurants and bars are at ) and very close walk to both Pra Nang beach ( highly recommend and my favourite beach there ) and the main Railay beach.
The room was very nice and clean and has a great day bed on the balcony, only downside is that there is not much privacy for the toilet since it is just a glass door ( yes still has one of those sticker shield but you don’t get that privacy feel when you’re doing your business ) and no lock 🤣.
Breakfast was not too impressive as it is the same set menu which you basically have to eat the same thing everyday ( only difference would be the style of egg you choose ), however the meals from their main menu is tasty and affordable.
All the staffs we have encountered are very friendly and helpful.
One letdown and the reason why I did not give it a 5 star was that it’s mentioned that it’s an “Adult Only” resort ( which is one of the reason why we chose to stay here as we want to stay away from family hotels ) but there was a family with kids staying at the rooms next to us where they were making quite abit of noise and kids being very loud :(

Apart from that would definitely recommend to stay here if you’re looking. For a clean, well located and affordable place to stay in Railay.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank tapasgal
Reviewed 2 June 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed a 2 night stay in a pool access room and recommend these rooms as they are were very spacious, modern and clean. Had a few encounters with monkeys trying to get in the room but all good fun. Staff on check were friendly and helpful. Rooms cleaned daily. Really enjoyed the guitarist/singer in the gardens each evening and the relaxed vibe of the hotel. Breakfast was included and was very average but would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2020