Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GenevieveMorris86
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I begged my husband to stay and regretted it

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 May 2023
We’ve visited Railay more times than I can count and I’ve always wanted to stay here. I finally convinced my husband to split our 3 week stay between sand sea and this resort.
Positives
1.beautiful location in the jungle
2. Free boat to Ao Nammo
3. Reasonable sized rooms all with partial sea view.
4. lovely pool.

Negatives
1. 20 min walk to Railay which is absolutely fine if you don’t have a toddler in the heat.
2. Breakfast is abysmal. Very little selection, only open for 2 hours and the they never restock items when they runout.
3. The air conditioning is nonexistent! The units themselves are underpowered and work as little more than a fan. We left our previous hotel as the air con wasn’t working. We even checked with the staff before booking how cold the rooms got (turned out to be a blatant lie). Took two days to change rooms and there was zero difference. Getting a fan to supplement was almost impossible.

All in all it’s fine but there are nicer locations for a better rate
Date of stay: May 2023
Room Tip: The difference between the basic room and the upgrade is just a bathtub
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 km from Railay Great View Resort and Spa
Beachfront
0.6 km from Railay Great View Resort and Spa
View more hotels in Railay Beach
All reviews shuttle boat long tail boat free boat infinity pool minute walk mosquito net sea view private beach on stilts thai food krabi airport path balcony jungle trees pier bungalow
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2022

The hotel is located in a quiet, furthest corner of Railay East. It can be reached on foot along the concrete promenade or the hotel has a free longtail transfer from Ao Nammao Pier.
The hotel overlooks two bays at once. Beauty, silence and absolute nature. The bungalows are located on the slopes. Almost everyone has a sea view. Our room 33 was listed as a partial view, but in fact almost the entire view from the veranda and bathroom was of the sea. Better perhaps only in room 32. :-) The rooms are large, spacious with everything you need, from a kettle and hairdryer, to umbrellas, a beach bag and rugs. The bathroom has a large panoramic window. You can shower for hours. :-) a nice canopy bed from midges, which is here. Clean clean, change all towels and beach and room, regularly replenish water, coffee and tea. The territory is large and well-groomed. There is a nice clean pool with jacuzzi. Breakfast buffet with a large selection of everything and a daily replacement of the main course.
I would give 10 out of 10 if not for a couple of minor nuances.
The hotel has its own beaches, but they are not suitable for swimming. it's too far from center. In the room, the roof was leaking from the side of the bathroom. Soundproofing is a problem. Our room overlooked the bay at Ao Nammao Pier, and there is a busy longtail traffic from early morning until late evening.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank parepko
Reviewed 31 August 2022

This is a beautiful resort on the farthest edge of East Railay, nestled in the jungle and hillside. Due to it's location the property has some quirks (uneven or level walkways, lots and lots of stairs), but also due to the location you truly feel like you are in a little jungle oasis with stunning surroundings and monkeys swinging through the trees and spending time by the pool.

We stayed in a Grand Deluxe Partial Sea View room and it was lovely. The room was spacious, had really lovely Thai style and decor, a fabulous bathroom and a really large balcony with a great view. Again, the room had some quirks, the bathroom ceiling leaked during heavy rain storms, and there were some holes in the mosquito net, but we didn't find any of these things to be a major problem, and found the room to be really comfortable.

The infinity pool at the property is stunning, again with great views of East Railay (they really aren't kidding with the name of the resort). The best part of the pool was being able to watch the local monkeys swing by and stop to just hang out in all of the trees that surround the pool area.

The Staff at Great View Resort were super friendly and always extremely helpful. Whenever we needed anything or had any issues in the room, the staff would immediately respond and resolve the issue. The resort has a long tail boat that does regular trips between the pier at Ao Nang and the resort to pick up and drop off guests which was helpful for check in/out.

The property is the very last accommodation in East Railay, so it is a little bit of a walk along a well lit pathway to get to the restaurants and shops of Railay. That being said, to get all the way to the main beach in Railay West only took probably 15-20 minutes, and there were tons of food and drink options along the walk. We would highly recommend The Heart Restaurant in East Railay for fresh BBQ seafood and Thai food.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Great View Resort and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to avoid some of the Railay crowds and have a more natural and beautiful resort stay.

Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank 255lindseyh
Reviewed 2 August 2022 via mobile

What a fantastic place that is unbeatable if you value the natural world. Your accommodation is in the tree tops with fantastic views out to sea. The infinity pool is so special being able to swim whilst looking out into the Anderman Sea. The staff cannot do enough for you. The private beach is also another bonus. This is our 4th time of being here and having read some of the recent reviews I was a bit nervous of returning. In my opinion this is still as good as it gets and some people who write poor reviews obviously don’t value the place, have not done their homework, as it is in the jungle, and has steep winding paths to get around. These people should consider where they holiday and would probably be better going to Benidorm. Do not let the poor reviews stop you coming here if you truly want to experience the best Thailand has to offer.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank garethandnikki
Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

Well, this has been a bone of contention and really was horrific

We booked for 8 nights. After the first night we told them we would be leaving.

We landed at Krabi airport, longing to jumped in a taxi to the hotel. We got told by the taxi service in the airport we had to get a taxi to the boat as it was on an island. It's not an island we found out. But it is unreachable other than by boat. A local boat not a ferry. For someone that is disabled, trust me that was a nightmare. We arrived at an old concrete landing point, and I somehow had to get out of the boat. I'd been involved in a boating accident back in 2017 so the whole thing terrified me. Then we had to walk along this dangerous path, then start climbing up to reception. I can't describe the pain I was in by then. Well got given our room details and a map! Yep, a map to the beaches which my husband never found. Our walk to the cabin was horrific. Up and down. On bodged dangerous paths. Our cabin was located on a pile of bricks. You had to climb stairs with a tread of approximately 6 inches wide. No handrails at all. I went to put my hand on the wall and a bit of wood fell off. I had to climb up on my hands and knees.
On entering the bathroom floor wasn't coveted in leaves and dirt due to the perspex ceilings being damaged. To get to the restaurant that night, it wasn't another nightmare. Up and down. After returning to the cabin, once you left the path there we no lights. Thank goodness we had our phones with torches. Climbing up those stairs in the dark would be really dangerous. It was that night we found out that the aircon was useless. More dirt and tree parts fell through the bathroom ceiling when it rained. Goodnestone knows how many insects climbed through the gap in between the balcony glass door as they didn't meet. Or even run on tracks. And the mosquito net had a hole in it. Next morning we had to take the same up and down path again. We reported the aircon. The balcony doors the girl at reception already had on her phone! Eventually around 4pm two men came out to look at the aircon. By that time I'd gone on Google to find out how to reset it. But it still wasn't working properly. With no sleep, and walking on dangerous paths etc, I was really annoyed, tired, in pain. So we went to tell them we'd be leaving. A man behind the counter told me to be quiet when I described the health and safety failings. And how dangerous it actually was. My husband after 40 mins of walking never found the beach. He said I could never have got there. More up and down dangerous track. The next morning they offered us another room. What they didn't understand was it wasn't just the room. It was so dangerous. A member of staff took a photo of all of the insect bites my hubby had on his legs. Still don't know why. We asked to be put on the shuttle boat back to Krabi town. Instead they put us on a boat used for the food and linen trips. I has a huge panic attack getting on the boat. Physically and mentally it was just all to much. Two people had to nigh on carry me on. If I'd taken the wheelchair, I would never have got 10ft.

The owners of the hotel lied through their teeth about everything. Apparently the offer of another cabin would have made it OK. Just as we were checking out we bumped into a couple that were looking for the beach path. They'd booked, but the resort was over booked. And this poor couple complete with luggage had been told to walk the beach path to another resort. On their own.

We arrived on land, hadn't to find ourselves transport to a hotel we had booked the night before. Yet the staff told Agoda that they hadn't organised transport to our next hotel. They had no idea where we were going. It could have been on a flight out of there. We had actually booked the pineapple hotel in Krabi old town.

I've got so many photos of that resort.

If you are disabled don't go. If you have young children don't go. And when they say shuttle, they mean a 'long boat'. Which actually go on all night!

Room tip: The shuttles are boats You can't get there by road. If you are disabled, problems with walking, fear of water or boats, don't go
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Connector15615821957
Reviewed 4 April 2022 via mobile

Nice place, cute bungalows (although they leak badly in the rain!) and all ok for the price , very lacking staff attention, no help from reception or advice, no massage/ extras which were all lauded on the website, average to poor breakfast.
All would have been accepted if it weren’t for the starting and ending shots! When we arrived the guy who checked us in showed us to our cabin then told me to give him money….. stood there bold as brass and demanded it. I didn’t give it as I won’t be bullied, he didn’t even help with the bags!!
Then as we tried to leave we were informed we had broken the umbrellas we hadn’t even used and they demanded 500 and tried to stop us leaving. It quickly got reduced to 100 but it is the principle. A scam and sadly leaves a bad taste in my mouth so beware!
What a shame, they need customers and there are plenty of other places to stay in Railay!

Date of stay: April 2022